PDA

View Full Version : Flushable diaper liners?

www.splendidbrides.com
10-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Which brands offer this, which stores and are they really flushable? My DH will not be happy if it screws up the plumbing. I have heard of ppl mentioning the disposable gerber diaper liners, but I have never seen these at the store before. Anyways, ANY guidance will be appreciated. :)

toomanystrollers
10-13-2003, 05:20 PM
I bought some rice paper liners for 2 yo ds and I used a total of 3 - wasn't worth the effort for me. My dipes come out nice and clean thanks to my mini shower. I use fleece liners with 3 month old dd - paper liners are useless on bf poop.

HTH

egoldber
10-13-2003, 06:36 PM
I used to use these, but honestly find that the fleece liners work much better and are cheaper.

If you have a septic system or older plumbing, I wouldn't use them. They are like toiler paper, but much thicker.

And the Gerber liners are disosable but NOT flushable! Some BRU stores carry them, some don't. Only one of my 3 local BRU stores has it.

HTH,

lizajane
10-13-2003, 07:03 PM
i appreciated flushable liners in the beginning, but now just use fleece. (it never stains and poop comes right off of it when you soak it.)

kushies makes flushable liners. you can rip them in half for newborns because they are very long (not really very wide, which is too bad.) you can also throw them in your pail and wash them with your diapers, which is what i did with the pee only ones. )i flushed the poopy ones!

you can get them at cloth-diaper.com.

if you can't find kushies anywhere, email me. i have some leftover, i think.

gerbers are wider, but not flushable. they are at BRU.

www.splendidbrides.com
10-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Duh! I totally forgot about fleece liners, and they are pretty easy to make too! I think I will try that, b/c the closest BRU is still 1.5 hrs away and it sounds like the disposables aren't that convenient afterall... Thanks again!

www.splendidbrides.com
10-13-2003, 07:23 PM
I know this is going to sound kind of stupid, but what is your procedure for using the mini-shower? I know it can be hooked up to the toilet, after you rinse the diaper off (just poopy ones right?). Do you wring it out and stick it in a wet pail, or do you just leave it drenched and toss into a pail with liner? I guess I just don't want to be dripping poopy water all over the bathroom floor. Plus, I was planning on dry pailing, b/c we have a front loader washer, I'm afraid that a wet pail method would spill while trying to stick everything into the washer. Anyways, I was just interested in how you go about using the mini-shower. I have heard raves about it on this forum, I just haven't caught on with the best way to store the diapers before laundry day after using the mini-shower on it.