PDA

View Full Version : Trimmest CDs?

stillplayswithbarbies
10-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Coming from the disposable side, I am interested in finding the trimmest cloth diaper. What does everyone find to be the trimmest that still works? I don't care about nighttime, she can have a big ol' butt while she sleeps. But for daytime under clothes, what looks best?

Yes, I know that the cloth diaper bubble butt can be cute. But I have some clothes for her that she might not be able to wear now.

Here is what I have to choose from (although I am all for buying something else!)

Fuzzibunz
CPF with Prorap Classic or Motherease Airflow covers
Kissaluvs (not trim at all)
Lukes Drawers (not trim)

I have coming:
Angel Wraps AIO and fitted diapers and fleece covers and a custom wool cover.
MomEandBabE Featherlite cover with Hatchling snap in

What else is out there that might be trimmer? Are Happy Heineys trimmer than Fuzzibunz? Bumpy Day Covers trimmer than Proraps?

I put a disposable on her today, after cloth for 4 straight days, to take her to the babysitter, and I picked her up and thought "what a skinny little butt!". Are there any cloth diapers as thin as a disposable?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

liya
10-14-2003, 01:04 PM
For Ari its....Angel Wraps AIO(or anything HB type pattern with a QD soaker)..FB with an MOE soaker(i like it more than JBs im detesting hemp lately and these absorb very very well.) and i use a trifolded infant CPF with a doubler topped with micro in a Nikky(or Bummpy) wrap. I get NICE trimness....

I also use proraps but they are a tad bit poofier in a way..

egoldber
10-14-2003, 01:38 PM
The trimmest CDs I have seen are FuzziBunz with JoeyBunz or the MOE microterry insert. A properly sized CPFs with a bikini twist or trifolded and lain in a velco wrap is pretty trim.

But no cloth diaper is as trim as a disposable in my experience. I had to start buying different types of clothes when we moved to cloth. More rompers and dresses and fewer leggings/onesies combos.

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with using disposables on occasion. Sarah wear disposables to preschool and we have outfits that are designated "preschool" outfits, since they don't fit when she wears cloth.

HTH,

toomanystrollers
10-14-2003, 03:16 PM
So far the trimmest on dd is a Firefly quickdry w/a PUL cover - I tend to overstuff my Fuzzibunz.

cvharris
10-14-2003, 03:32 PM
IMO, there are no cloth diapers as thin as a disposable. My stash mainly consists of SugarPeas size 1 fitteds which I use with a Bumpy day cover and Fuzzibunz. They are the trimmest combinations I could find. Like you, I did not find Kissaluvs to be trim. Nor were they quick drying.

I think Happy Heinys are about the same as Fuzzibunz in terms of trimness. I've never used Proraps, but I don't think you could find a trimmer cover than a Bumpy!

As for your Fuzzibunz, what are you stuffing them with? Lately I've been using 1 JB and 1 Mom and Me Creations hemp doubler during the day and that is pretty trim. The MOE microterry inserts are nice, too. I like them, but they tend to get bunched up in there for us so I use them with a JB at night. Two JBs are very trim but that can get pretty stiff.

I've also used Firefly Quickdry diapers and those are trim but expensive!

Good luck!

MartiesMom2B
10-14-2003, 04:08 PM
I think that KL contours are trim.

I have to agree with everyone that no cloth diap is as thin as a disposable, but I must say it's easier for me to hold her with a big ol' CD butt than a disposie.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

AngelaS
10-14-2003, 06:21 PM
The thinnest ones in my stash are the ones I made for dd. :D They're not quite as thin as a disposable, but she can still wear leggings and look normal with them.

As often as this thread comes up, I think I need to find time to market them... LOL

liya
10-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Im working on designing my diaper as well...LOL you should market them ang maybe they will be a great success and from the sound of them they should be!!!

parkersmama
10-14-2003, 08:33 PM
For me the trimmest combos are:

1) Firefly QD with a Bumpy Day cover
2) Sugarpeas (size 1) with a Bumpy Day cover
3) a bikini twist CPF (snappi'd) in a Bumpy Day

(can you tell that I love the Bumpy covers???) I also tend to overstuff a FB so they are never too trim for me. I think Proraps are one of the trimmer covers but I like the Bumpy better due to the wider velcro area (more adjustable) and they are much softer. If you're looking for trimness, run from any side-snapping covers! They are all bubble-butt inducing IMO. I like my AF but use it only at night.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-14-2003, 09:59 PM
Logan will be in disposables three days a week at the babysitter, so all those Gymboree leggings won't go to waste. :)

You would be really proud to see my bikini twist with a Prorap cover, I'm getting really good at it!

Do you think I should get some MOE microterry inserts, or are they pretty much the same as the Joeybunz, as far as trimness goes?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

liya
10-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Yup they are..Are you trying to aviod hemp?? I love them for daytime...

stillplayswithbarbies
10-15-2003, 09:17 AM
no I am not trying to avoid hemp. I'm just wanting to try everything fun and interesting out there! :)

For nighttime I have been using a Fuzzibunz with 2 joeybunz, but I think I can go down to one joeybunz, she is hardly wet in the morning. I'll probably still use two on weekends when we sleep in late.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
10-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Honestly, I like the MOE inserts just as well as I do JoeyBuns. I actually like them better for FBs, since I think that JBs have a really stiff profile, whereas the MOE ones are really soft.

HTH,

liya
10-15-2003, 02:29 PM
I have to agree with Beth on this one..Im kindda getting iffy on the hemp and honestly im finding it hard and stiff whereas the MOE is very soft and very absorbant....I dont have to deal with build up i dont have do deal with anything they wash and wear well...Its your call though...

parkersmama
10-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Karen, Amy Grace is still wearing Gymboree leggings and I'm not even buying a size up or anything. I just make sure that the days she wears them she has on a nice, trim dipe such as a Firefly or a CPF. The leggings still fit really well!

stillplayswithbarbies
10-15-2003, 04:03 PM
where do I get them? (sorry if it should be obvious based on the name, but I don't even know what "MOE" stand for LOL)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
10-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Sorry! MOE = Mother of Eden, naturalbabies has them.

liya
10-15-2003, 05:56 PM
www.lilbunz.com also has them and she price matches AND has free shipping!!!