PDA

View Full Version : Prefold moms - what is your favorite fold with a snappi to use with a girl?

emmasmama
10-14-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm wondering if I can do any better than the angel-wing fold for getting it nice and thick in the middle/back of the diaper. This fold gives you that extra foldover in the front when you fasten the diaper, but that seems like kind of a waste on a girl baby ;)! I have a little pee machine here, so I'm trying to maximize the thickness where I need it :)

liya
10-14-2003, 03:15 PM
bikini fold orrr trifolding it width wise which will be i think four layers and not 3....LOL i dont have a girl but i sure made my many mistakes with Ari..:)

emmasmama
10-14-2003, 03:22 PM
oh yeah, i tried the trifolding it width wise - good idea! but that only seems to work in my nikky cover where i don't have to snappi... it doesn't seem to be big enough this way to get it around her with a snappi... maybe i will try the bikini twist though - do you think that is thicker or about the same as angel-wing fold though?

toomanystrollers
10-14-2003, 03:26 PM
Hi Laurie,
Looks like Emma's just a month older than my little pee machine. I just put the infant cpf's away and bumped her into the premiums. The premiums are too big to trifold for her so I quarter-fold them (fold them in 1/2 and the 1/2 again) -lots a layers in the pee zone.

HTH

emmasmama
10-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Wait, you quarter-fold them length-wise right? That's interesting, maybe I'll try that, as I also have a pee machine. Not sure if DD's too big for that though - I also have the premiums. Thanks for the tip!

egoldber
10-14-2003, 07:23 PM
You could always try regulars. A premium could be really bulky.

parkersmama
10-14-2003, 08:26 PM
I like the bikini fold as well. I don't know why it is but it just seems to work better for my dd. I'm still using the infants but needing to place an order for some regulars.

toomanystrollers
10-15-2003, 03:28 AM
Laurie,
I quarter fold them width-wise -working very well for us. I'm using the premiums I bought for my 2 yo ds. You may be better off with regulars.

HTH

emmasmama
10-15-2003, 05:47 AM
Hmm, I don't think that will work for me... that makes it really small and my DD is big... 90th%... thanks, though...

emmasmama
10-15-2003, 05:51 AM
I have the regulars too... they work well if I fold them width-wise in thirds, so there are 3 layers on tops of each other, and inside a velcro wrap... I like the premiums though if I'm going to snappi because otherwise they're not thick enough at the back... DD is playing on her back alot so that's where most of the pee seems to go, which ironically is the spot where there are the least layers because you have to spread the "wings" around to the front to snappi it... maybe something like bikini twist would "catch" the pee better so it doesn't end up on her backside?

toomanystrollers
10-15-2003, 07:47 AM
If you get a hold of a premium, give the width-wise, 1/4 fold a try. My dd is a big girl too :) (95h/90w)