PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Rash Creams

JustMare
10-15-2003, 02:46 PM
My mailbox is all of a sudden exploding with coupons lately. I've bought 3 tubes of Aveeno diaper rash cream (for as low as $2 each). I'd like to take advantage of these coupons since my local supermarket doubles the $1 ones. But which brands are better than others? A+D, Aveeno, Gerber, Desitin, Balmex??? I know lots of people here prefer Aquaphor but I'd like to take advantage of the coupons right now.

Also, How fast do you go through a tube?

I read in this week's People Magazine an article about the creator of Butt Paste. It will be available in Wal-Mart soon. Anyone using is?

Thanks,

cvharris
10-15-2003, 03:11 PM
I haven't used any of the brands you mentioned (only Aquaphor and Burt's Bees) but my son is four months old and I've used maybe a quarter of the Burt's Bees tube. I apply cream about twice a day, he doesn't need it every changing.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-15-2003, 04:04 PM
I've only ever used any cream twice when she looked a little red. I just used a sample that came in the mail.

Don't stock up too much, not all babies need it.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
10-15-2003, 07:06 PM
I agree. I only use it when DD looks red. It takes me many months to go through a tube and I am still working on a tub of Aquaphor I got at Costco 2 years ago!

Momof3Labs
10-15-2003, 07:58 PM
A lot of the brands you mentioned are scented - if your baby is sensitive to fragrances, they won't be able to use them at all (this is what happened to us). Honestly, don't stock up now; you'll waste more money than you will save. The beauty of Aquaphor is that few, if any babies, are sensitive to it.

You may not even need much diaper creme - why buy a supply for five babies when you only have one on the way?

And the coupons will keep on coming, trust me!

MelissaTC
10-15-2003, 10:41 PM
I love the Butt Paste. It clears up DS within 24 hrs. I still have lots of cream left. You won't use half as much as you think you would. DS has only had a rash while teething.

elvisfan
10-16-2003, 01:08 AM
Did you know that petroleum jelly is awesome as a protectant against diaper rash?

sugarsnappea
10-16-2003, 07:56 AM
ITA with the others. I probably only used diaper rash cream a handful of times. I am a huge fan of aveeno products but was not happy with the diaper rash ointment. I prefer the petroleum based products like aquaphor and A-D rather than zinc based ointments. :)