PDA

View Full Version : Sampler Pack has been Delivered!

jmofarrill
10-17-2003, 10:50 PM
My sampler pack came in! I have the diapers going through their round in the washer/dryer - no prob. Dd went to sleep before anything was ready, so we'll start tomorrow.

I was looking at everything, and I know it's too soon to make a decision on what I like since none of the items have even touched her bum, but... The covers look and feel so plastic-like - do they breathe at all? And the Kissaluv's is massive (but oh-so-soft)! I'm pretty sure I will like the Fuzzi-Bunz, esp. for night. Once I figure out the different folds, I'll probably like the cpfs, too. I'm not too crazy about the aio (Bummis?); it's the plastic cover that's bothering me again.

I think I'm going to like the cpfs a lot. I'm going to look for some different covers that are wool, cotton, or fleece. I've been good and going through previous threads to read all the recommendations and dream-stashes, so I won't pepper you with questions just yet! So far, I like the look of the Cotton Nikky covers. I'm dying to try out the Righteous Baby Shell set. I like Righteous Baby's FLAGs, too, but I don't want to think about covering them with a wrap; I keep going to buy one, but then I get depressed about covering it up, so I don't purchase it. Same deal with the Firefly Quick Dry Colors. *sigh*

liya
10-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Wanna see something really cool ...This is a CPF http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL134/1094943/2060712/35981549.jpg on my baby well snappied and everything its nice and trim....Dont be scared of them give them a shot..Also you can trifold them and its so much easier....PUL doesnt breath but if you were putting disposable diapers on your child its the same thing...Disopsalbe diapers are made of plastic that dont breath at all, they just have that cloth like exterior...I tell you Ari feels sooo much cooler in a CPF and a Nikky Wrap(or prorap) than he ever did in a disposable...The Bumkins AIO does take some getting used to..it didnt work for us but it has worked for so many others..

I have NIkky cotton covers as well..They work like a charm..The breathable poly also super nice...

I understand about not buying cute fitteds...But here is something some say...You buy nice underwear and cover it up with pants, skirts etc. Why not buy cute diapers...Just telling you what they say i like my plain diapers more..LOL

Edited to say that is a PREMIUM prefold on my son..I can get a trimmer fit with a regular.. :)

new_mommy25
10-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Your baby is so adorable! What kind of cover is that?

jmofarrill
10-18-2003, 06:43 AM
Thank you, Linda, you are such a source of cd knowledge! Ari is so adorable - his eyes are so bright and alive.

I figured the the PUL covers were going to be like disposables, with the main difference being no gel residue. I understand about the nice underwear remark, but the fitteds are so much nicer than the underwear I buy! I'll probably go ahead and get a few pairs, but I'll probably stick with the cpfs for the most part.

Thanks again, and I'm sure I'll be back! LOL

liya
10-18-2003, 11:54 AM
Angie- thats a prefold no cover there just a prefold...LOL

Michelle-CPFs are what we are using and look how pretty they can be..LOL So you dont have to spend a fortune in print diapers..They are adorable but IMHO not worth all the extra dough if ykwim. CPFs have worked marvelously for us(after all the fitteds we tried) so i know once you gedt the folds down and you find the right cover for you guys you will love them...

Thank you both for your beautifull words about my son...

jmofarrill
10-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Linda - so do you put a cover over your cpfs?

liya
10-18-2003, 03:41 PM
I usually go coverless at home. But definately i use a cover when i go out and stuff..If i use a cover at home its usually either wool or a cotton one...I like breathability ALOT...

jmofarrill
10-18-2003, 05:08 PM
Being in Puerto Rico, I'm sure you really value the breathability! I think that may be the way to go for me, too. Definitely a cover when going out, though, and at dc. I never could get them to give me an answer on if they'll do cds at dc, so she may have to stay in disposables there.

I have a cpf with the prorap on dd right now, and she seems to be loving it! I can't wait to try the FB this evening. I do like the cpfs, which is wonderful since they're not too expensive! I don't have anything to fasten them right now, otherwise she'd be cover-free.

Thanks so much for all your help, Linda!

stillplayswithbarbies
10-18-2003, 06:10 PM
get some Snappis! They are awesome. During the day I am using mostly prefolds with snappis to hold them on, with a Prorap cover.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

liya
10-18-2003, 06:22 PM
Michelle- I can send you a snappi so you can try it and you can keep it if you want....Email me your addy ok....I can send it in a plain ol envelope and its already streached and ready to go...Im glad your enjoying it sweety Good Luck :)