PDA

View Full Version : I'm back . . . but I am so behind!!!

csa12
10-25-2003, 11:15 PM
So I think I am getting back on the wagon after taking a break from Cding over the summer. Ever since Liam took his first "real" poopie in a CD I have been having nightmares, but I have a stack of Nighty Newts I haven't even used yet so I am using those as incentive to get back to it.

I have been catching up on posts and it looks like there are some new dipes/covers I need to try to rework my stash. Liam has slimmed down considerably (I miss his super chunky thighs!! :( ) thanks to his newfound mobility which will hopefully make it easier to find stuff to fit him.

I think I will mainly use CPF and PUL covers (I really liked the green earth covers--much softer than Proraps IMO) during the day with a sprinkling of AIO for errands and maybe travelling. At night I'll try the Nighty Newts and the HH I have.

But what is all the buz about the Nikky's covers? Any other PUL cover people like? I like PUL better than wool b/c they are trimmer. What about these fleece overs? Which ones do people like for day/night? Is fleece doable with heavy wetter for nightime?

Sorry about the many questions, but I need help catching up on the latest and greatest developments in Cding!!!

Edited to add: What is this I am reading about Hemp? It's absorbent but after a few uses will retain a "lovely" smell and stink?? Uh Oh . . .

Thanks so much,
Cheryl

liya
10-25-2003, 11:54 PM
LOL...Hemp suffers from more build up issues than any other fabric its absorbancy although a favorable part of the fabric is also a negative aspect of it. Since its so absorbant it tends to hold in more than any other fabric. But that can be solved with products like bac out or YIKES(bleach the new trend). But if it doesnt stink then youve got NO PROBLEM..LOL

Nikkys well they are like the bumpys so if youve tried the bumpy days then its sorta the same thing its just for us we like the nikkys more than the bumpys.. Trimmer fit and they come cotton also which is a plus for us.

I agree with you on the green earth covers being softer than the proraps.

WELCOME BACK!!!!

stillplayswithbarbies
10-26-2003, 10:36 AM
who sells green earth covers? Do they fit as trim as proraps?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

csa12
10-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Karen - I got my green earth wraps at diaperware.com. They are similar to proraps in price ($6.95/wrap) but much softer. They have aplix closure on the front, gussets, and they fit Liam well. They are very trim with a cpf in a bikini twist. Sometimes I get a strong odor when using proraps, but with green earth covers I have not. All in all I think they are a good buy.

HTH,
CHeryl

liya
10-26-2003, 11:15 AM
I know i have gotten mine from Jodi(when she was in business) and from Trisha(www.lilbunz.com) now. She ordered them especially for me it was very kind of her to do so..She gives a great price on them. Email her and ask her if she will order them for you...