PDA

View Full Version : Cloud 9 Softies

parkersmama
10-26-2003, 08:51 PM
These are my new favorite nighttime dipe with a ME Airflow cover! Wow! They work great and AG seems more comfy. The ones I have I bought from Linda and they are the cotton with a velour inner. Does anyone have both the cotton and the hemp? How do they compare? I'm thinking about ordering a few more since she's closing up shop and wanted to find out which one most of you prefer. Linda, are the ones I bought from you a small? They still snap on the smallest setting (they are front snapping). Does anyone have the front aplix style? How do you like them? I welcome any and all input!

egoldber
10-26-2003, 08:57 PM
I have a hemp toddler size. I like it pretty well. The only thing I don't like is that I can't use it alone at night like I can the Firefly Sleep Tight. I still have to add a JoeyBunz to it. But that's my little pee machine for you....

blnony
10-26-2003, 09:06 PM
I have hemp, velour and organic softies. I love them. They make up about a 1/3 of my stash. I find the hemp to be a little more absorbent, but not much because the soaker is the same in all her softies, only the inner layer is different. (I do have one that I got with only a 4 layer soaker instead of 5 too.) I pretty much prefer the velour for daytime use and hemp for naps. I don't have any aplix softies so I don't know about that.

liya
10-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Sweety they are mediums and im thinking of getting some myself(in hemp----yes i know i know but i need a night time diaper..) since she will top them for me with velour....But im thinking of getting the side snapping ones.... But if Brianna can convince me on getting and organic cotton one maybe i wont have to deal with hemp...Brianna what size is Audrey wearing....??? And Beth what size is Sarah wearing?? I want to get 2 for night time of each size i will need now...

Arent they awsome though!!!

egoldber
10-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Mine is what she calls the "toddler" size. Its a big diaper. :)

blnony
10-26-2003, 11:48 PM
Linda-
Audrey just grew out of the side snapping medium, and the front snapping large has fit for awhile. Now she's in the large on the smallest snap setting on the side snap.
I really like her organic, its a more absorbent than the firefly organic I had. I really haven't noticed a huge difference in her knit and hemp softies. Maybe a small difference, but not that huge. But even for overnight, Audrey could wear the softie with just the snap in doubler that she offers and not leak. And that was before she reduced her liquid intake too.

cvharris
10-27-2003, 12:30 PM
I have one with organic cotton inside and out and a hidden hemp soaker and I also have a knit outer with hemp inner with her regular soaker and an added hemp doubler. I haven't tried them at nighttime, Ben hasn't worn them in a while b/c I hate how long they take to dry since they aren't quick dry.

I might have to dig them out and try them for naps and maybe at night...if I could use them at night that would be great since my super soaker wets through two JBs in a FB now.

BTW, I have both side snapping and front snapping and I prefer the side snapping. I haven't tried the aplix ones.

parkersmama
10-27-2003, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info! I guess I'll get a couple of each of the bigger sizes. I really don't like these diapers much for daytime use because they are so thick. But, they are working so great at nighttime. I love the velour...so soft and cozy. Will she top the hemp with velour if I ask? I really prefer hemp but in a diaper this thick that might not be such a good idea. One more question...I think I have a velour soaker that you sent with it but it's not a snap-in. Have the soakers changed?

liya
10-27-2003, 01:47 PM
She makes them snap in or lay in.....

blnony
10-27-2003, 01:55 PM
I don't like hemp in sewn in soakers. I can get the smell out but it just becomes so stiff after awhile and the hemp takes so much longer than a terry or organic to dry.
And Lisa is great to work with, I really think she'll customize as much as she can. I really hate that she is leaving the biz, because she is really a great WAHM.
She will also reduce the number of layers in the soaker too if its too thick.