PDA

View Full Version : My first day of trying CD's!

daisymommy
10-27-2003, 11:17 PM
Some very nice ladies here (Beth and Brianna ;) have agreed to let me borrow their CD's for a little while to try. I also bought a Happy Heiny pocket diaper, a Nikky cover, Samuels soaker, and some prefolds to add to the colllection.

When I got the diapers in the mail today I was going to set them aside until I got everything all ready, but they looked so soft and cute...I just had to try some out! :)

I was so surprised that the things I thought I would like so much, I didn't, and what I thought would only be okay, was better.

I thought if I was rich I would buy all Fuzzi Bunz. But the petite toddler size didn't fit Josh's chubby thighs at all (even unstuffed!). I also couldn't stuff it with a prefold like I thought I could. Too long and bulky. I just ordered a size Large FB to see if that fits, but I'm not crossing fingers. It may just be the style on him.

I LOVED the Happy Heiny pocket diaper with a Joey Bunz in it. it was slightly more poufy than the FB, but not much. Very soft and cute! After Josh drank 2 sippy cups of water, I wondered why the diaper felt so dry. I couldn't believe he hadn't peed at all, but it felt bone dry. Then I pulled out the Joey Bunz and it was all wet! The fleece had wicked the moisture away so well I would've never known he had wet in it. I could've reused the Happy Heint with a fresh insert in it if I had wanted too. Even inside the pocket was dry! Joshua kept running around smiling patting this diaper--I guess he liked it too!

Joshua, who is normally an acrobat on the changing table, aparently liked the softness of CD's and let me try out several folds using my prefolds. I did a bikini twist on the first try! I snappied it and put on a Nikky cover--and LOVED it! It fit just as trim as a disposable! I thought I would hATE using prefolds, but I didn't. I thought I would only like to tri-fold a premium prefold and just lay it in. But sheesh! It was like stuffing a huge towel between the poor kids legs. I knew it would be too uncomfortable. I did just order a few infant size prefolds to see if that makes a difference when I trifold them, and stuff my pocket diapers.

Well, that's all for now. Stay tuned, until later, for more of the beginners diaper saga :)

liya
10-27-2003, 11:41 PM
Sweety not even if they feel dry should you reuse your HH ok....Just to let you know that detail...On a side note...WOOOOHOOO!!! yeah im so happy for you...Prefolds arent bad at all...they are super duper....!!! I hope the large FB works better for you..but you are right it may just be the Fit of the FB on him....Im glad Josh loved his diapers....

Send me his measurements.....

PS

I got the books im reading your favorite at this very moment..thank you for everything ykwim ..... Ill send them back with interest....;)

lizajane
10-28-2003, 09:35 AM
i haven't tried a HH, but the petite toddler FB will probably fit VERY differently than a large. we are still in mediums, but i got a PT just to try- since mr baby is a skinny little bugger. the PT fit him REALLY well. but his thighs are about average to juicy :) so i think i will ask for larges for christmas. he has such a skinny waist, i was worried about the larges. but a buddy uses large for her tall and skinny guy and says they are great on the tightest snap.

babble babble.

i am so happy that you are having fun!!!

mommyj
10-28-2003, 05:12 PM
I'm happy to hear you went ahead and just tried it. I have some fitted dipes, but I always reach for my prefolds first. I guess it's a good thing, since they're so cheap.
Keep us updated on what else you try and how things are going. Happy CDing!