PDA

View Full Version : Conversation with husband about CD's...

daisymommy
10-28-2003, 10:10 PM
This was the conversation in our home tonight:

Amy shows DH a Nikky diaper cover she bought
DH: "Wow, that's cool. It looks nice and soft. Not like those nasty plastic pants we had to wear when we were kids. It almost looks like a disposable. Now why doesn't a store like BRU sell these? Maybe then more people would buy them. Can we put it on him now?"

Amy is VERY shocked, as this is only a Nikky cover, not a very cute Sugar Peas diaper, or something else equally impressive ;) She thought it would take much more persuasion to get DH interested in CD's.
Amy: "No, I have to wait until my prefolds come in the mail. You know, the things that look like burp cloths?"

DH: "Well then, why don't you just use a burp cloth in it?"

Amy nearly ROFL about this, as Joshua is a Super Soaker!
"Honey, I don't think a burp cloth is going to cut it with Joshua."

DH: "So, how much is it going to cost us to get stocked up on cloth diapers?"

Amy: "For a basic set I figure around $200. That's not counting fun stuff I see along the way that we can add later."

DH: "No way you can get what you need for only $200. I don't expect you to get the cheapest thing you can buy. Then you won't be happy with it, and you'll keep on buying more..." (hmmm, does he know me or what? :)). "How much is it costing us to use disposables each month?"

Amy: "Disposable diapers and wipes included, it's costing $72 a month." (Pampers Cruisers)

DH: "WHAT!!! Are you kidding me? How soon can you get the cloth diapers you need? Put an order in tommorrow!"

AMY DOES THE HAPPY DANCE AROUND THE ROOM AT THIS POINT :7 :7 :7

Momof3Labs
10-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Ah, Amy, you are a role model for all cloth diaper converts! Good job!

parkersmama
10-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Wow! You have learned so well! You just earned your CD merit badge! Wear it proudly. :)

Dcclerk
10-28-2003, 11:50 PM
I honestly laughed aloud reading your post! I honestly would have to pinch my DH if he said some of the things your DH said, because I would know that he was the imposter DH a la Scooby Doo. However, I will say, DH is 100% behind the cloth diaper thing and actually does really well with them (once we have the tutorial necessary for each new diaper:) ). I can't wait to hear what you decide to get with all this freedom to spend!

liya
10-29-2003, 12:51 AM
Bravo Amy Bravo!!!! So now do you want that freebee cover with an embroidery on it or what!! LOL

daisymommy
10-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Yes Linda, now I really want it!
Even though DH has given me the green light to buy my diapers, I am still going to use what I have borrowed, and the few covers I bought first. I figure after a full week or two I'll know if I really can hack it full time. I would be in deep doo-doo if I spent a couple hundred dollars, and then decided it was way too much work! I don't have enough stuff to do a CD for every diaper change for more than one day right now. But by the end of the week I should. I'll definetly post updates on my progress! I guess that means I only have my trial membership badge?! ;)

liya
10-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Hey...Its a XMas present for Josh...LOL Take it as a thanks for the books...And yes you are in deep doo doo now...LOL

cvharris
10-30-2003, 11:42 PM
Oh, I remember starting out and getting a sampler and then buying one of EVERYTHING (when you start looking at all the WAHMS...you're in trouble!) and then feeling like "OMG, I better stick to this or DH will kill me! I will die trying!"

And you know what, I can honestly say that I really do prefer cloth. I hate it when DS gets wrinkley butt from his sposies. :)

C99
10-31-2003, 12:03 AM
>Oh, I remember starting out and getting a sampler and then
>buying one of EVERYTHING (when you start looking at all the
>WAHMS...you're in trouble!) and then feeling like "OMG, I
>better stick to this or DH will kill me! I will die
>trying!"

To be honest, I sometimes think that's one of the reasons I'm still using CDs.