PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!!! Red marks and Chafing . . . how do I "soften" my UCPFs?

csa12
11-04-2003, 09:41 PM
So after resuming CDing fulltime I noticed DS has some chafing on his inner thigh that I think are from my CPFs. I have the unbleached kind and they are not getting any softer with use/washing. How can I get them softer? On top of that my Happy Heiny's left red marks on DS!!

Now I am thinking about fitteds or contour diapers and wool covers. The poor thing didn't really complain but I can't imagine it being comfortable.

Just when you think you have it all figured out,
Cheryl
TIA!
Edited to change spelling errors!!LOL

Momof3Labs
11-04-2003, 09:47 PM
Do you have hard water? Try adding some Calgon water softener - that softened up our hemp diapers considerably!!

Also, what kind of covers are you using? Do you think that the covers could be the culprits? And what kind of fold are you using on the CPFs?

mommyj
11-04-2003, 09:58 PM
I added 1/2 cup of vinegar during the rinse cycle and it softened up DS's dipes. I think I'll start doing this every few weeks. You might try that.

liya
11-04-2003, 09:59 PM
Downey Advanced.....But honestly thats why i changed to all UB the bleached are sooo hard IMHO...

csa12
11-04-2003, 10:29 PM
I have been using Green Earth covers that are just like proraps over a bikini twist. I checked to see if the covers bunch up near the chafing marks on DS's leg and the edges of the cover fall below the mark. But with all the moving around DS does that could be the culprit. I just remember how surprisingly scratchy my CPF felt. I will try the calgon b/c my CBs fitteds have yet to soften up as well.

Thanks for the tips!

csa12
11-04-2003, 10:33 PM
If I have hard water do vinegar and Calgon serve the same purpose? I may try the vinegar first since we already have that in the house.
Thanks!