PDA

View Full Version : How are monkey bottoms?

starrynight
11-05-2003, 12:18 AM
I have seen these on ebay for $6.50 for one brand new. Anyone try this brand? Love, hate or otherwise?

Sorry for the billion q's but I want to know alot before I buy so I don't waste money :)

liya
11-05-2003, 01:24 AM
Stear clear from ebay for a while...its getting really tricky in there with diapers IMHO...Plus your just starting out i would stick with the more comercial diapers for now...

starrynight
11-05-2003, 10:51 AM
So are you saying, everyone and their mother is making diapers and they may not be the best? ;) Thanks for the heads up Linda, then can you suggest some good sites for picking up a few things to start out with? Thanks!

stillplayswithbarbies
11-05-2003, 11:48 AM
I made the mistake of falling for a cute looking cheap diaper on eBay. I guess I assumed that everyone make diapers had a tried and true design and that they could all sew neatly.

It arrived I don't see how it is supposed to work. The elastic in the legs and waist isn't sewn in place, just tacked down at the ends inbetween the two layers of fabric. It makes it all bunch up at the legs, and sometimes the elastic slips down between her butt cheeks. Very odd. And the sewing is all uneven. Even though it was only $8, I am sorry I wasted my money on it. Even if it works to keep in the pee/poop, it's just not aesthetically pleasing to me to have that in my stash.

I'll stick to known "name brands" from now on.

edited to add: it wasn't the monkey bottoms that I am talking about

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

starrynight
11-05-2003, 12:09 PM
Thanks for your input also Karen! I guess I will stick with name brands. I also have been checking out epinions after I noticed they have a cloth diaper review section :).

natesmommy
11-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Don't know about that brand, but you can check out diaperpin.com for product reviews. You might find some answers there. HTH!

blnony
11-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Also check the mothering.com diaper board for many reviews too.
I would stick with something that has a reputation at first, and after a couple of "no name brand" diaper disasters, I don't even look at ebay anymore except for resells.