PDA

View Full Version : What PUL covers are breathable?

MartiesMom2B
11-06-2003, 09:27 AM
I'm looking into larger covers that are more breathable. I'm basically looking for something that works as well as a prorap, but provides more circulation. Do Bumkins work well? I'm also looking at Rikki wraps.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

MelissaTC
11-06-2003, 09:55 AM
I am not a big fan of the Bumkins. They feel very plasticky to me. I do have some if you want to try them out. Let me know.

My friend's SIL has cd 4 kids and they only use Nikky covers (they discovered them when stationed in Korea). Nikky makes a breathable poly cover. She buys her Nikkys from Babyworks. Here is the link : http://www.babyworks.com/catalog/product.asp?dept%5Fid=12&pf%5Fid=1220

I personally love the ME Airflow covers. If you want to try that out, let me know.

HTH!

daisymommy
11-06-2003, 11:31 AM
I second the vote Nikkys. They are so very breathable, and trim just like a disposable. Mother Ease Airflows are breathable too, but more poofy (bubble-butt!) and not great for babies with chunky thighs. They leave red marks on Josh. I like Nikky's because you have the versatility of fastening your CPF with a Snappi, or just laying it trifolded into the Nikky. With snap covers (like Airflows) they aren't snug enough to lay anything in. It has to be fastened.
Babyworks is great to work with and ships very fast! That where I got my Nikkys too.

megulis
11-06-2003, 11:32 AM
I'm also not a fan of Bumkins.

Where do you get the airflows?

daisymommy
11-06-2003, 11:45 AM
http://www.motherease.com/

sugarsnappea
11-06-2003, 01:24 PM
I know I sound like a broken record, but I recommend the Nikky breathable poly as well. This is the only cover I have used since JG's birth and am extremely pleased with it.

liya
11-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Hummmmmmmmmmm Do you want my opinoin...LOL....Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Breathable Poly Nikkys ROCK!!! And my green earth wraps ROCK as well..But the Breathable Polys WOW!!

pritchettzoo
11-06-2003, 09:00 PM
I just got my order of Nikkys from www.babyworks.com tonight, and I love them already! I've been using Proraps pretty much exclusively, and the Nikkys are so soft. They're similarly designed with the gussets. She's got one on now, so we'll see how they work. Also wondering how they'll work for overnight (7-ish hours at the moment...holding breath...waiting for all to go to heck...).

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

MartiesMom2B
11-06-2003, 09:32 PM
I think I'm going to have to post some stuff on the Yahoo board to get some funds for these Nikkys. I'm definitely intrigued.

They'll hold a cpf w/o a snappi right?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

C99
11-06-2003, 10:32 PM
I used to love the GE Baby wraps, but they've started wicking like you would not believe. And I've always washed them according to directions. So I no longer like them. :(

pritchettzoo
11-06-2003, 11:09 PM
I think so. They're very much like a Prorap in styling. If you're interested in trying them, the babyworks site will give you a refund even if they're used!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

liya
11-06-2003, 11:35 PM
Now that is strange.......I have friends who exclusively use them and they have never wicked on them...But hey..Bummis wicked on me so go figure...I dont know what it is about covers and why they dont work the same for everyone....I tell you it bites...

sugarsnappea
11-07-2003, 07:31 AM
Martie,

I never used a snappi, in fact I never heard of one until this board started. I still haven't seen the use for one with my CD routine. :)