PDA

View Full Version : rash on "boy parts" saga worsens...

lizajane
11-09-2003, 08:41 PM
so today, right in the middle of old navy, of course, mr baby has a big ol' poop. when we changed him (in the dressing room, where we happened to be when we discoved it! perfect!) his scrotum was BRIGHT RED and bleeding!!! i have been having trouble for a week or two with it being red. it gets better, and then comes back, gets better, comes back... over the course of a day or two. but now it is really bad! it was ok this morning. and his bottom is peachy keen.

if is reacting to his diaper (haven't made any changes, like i said before) why isn't the rest of him red? and if it was the poop (he is teething and it was very loose) why isn't his bottom red?

help!

MelissaTC
11-10-2003, 12:00 AM
Hmmm...this does sounds kind of iffy. Matthew has some redness on his genitals once in a blue moon. I think you should call the Dr. if it is bleeding...that's not good.

luvbeinmama
11-10-2003, 01:27 AM
So sorry your little guy is having such horrible rashes. I know how that is.

More than likely the skin on his little scrotum is just more sensitive than his bottom. Check out this thread and try one of my rash cream mixes. Probably just cream & hydrocortizone with powder would work.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=1492&mesg_id=1492&listing_type=search

Editted to add: Also try putting Neosporin on when it is bleeding. This can help as much as or more than the rash creams.

liya
11-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Liza,

Teething can give a HORRIBLE rash...But like i told you before if you did everything like in the other post and you are noticing its only with poops you should call your ped and go check it out..His poops might be really acidic and that could be whats happening to him...

mommyj
11-10-2003, 03:01 PM
I can't remember what you've tried, but the only time we had rash issues was when there was detergent build-up on ds' dipes. For some reason, that made his poo give him a rash. I stopped using fleece liners, started doing a wash with no detergent after the first wash, and haven't had any rash problems since then. His rash wasn't all over like I thought it would be if it was detergent build-up, but that was definitely the problem.
HTH!

lizajane
11-11-2003, 10:12 AM
did you ever go back to using fleece liners? i don't know if i should just stop using them entirely? but my fuzzibunz don't seem to give him any trouble, and they are fleece. and i always do another rinse after the wash with 1/2 amount of det. and i did recently strip them, but i added one more rinse just to be sure. it is getting better with neosporin and cornstarch, and lots of nakey time! or i just pin the diaper at his hip so that it is really open (and without a cover)
thanks for your help!

mommyj
11-11-2003, 02:44 PM
I'm so glad your little man's rash is getting better. If he's fine with Fuzzibunz, maybe it's not the fleece, or maybe it's only certain kinds of fleece. I sometimes use a fleece-topped doubler at night, and my little guy does okay with it, but I know he gets red more easily when we use fleece liners. I stopped using them, but DH uses them sometimes on the weekends, and I DS always seems to turn a little bit red. So, that probably doesn't help you since there's no clear answer. I'm convinced that's how it is with little ones and redness--there aren't any totally clear-cut answers, but if you experiment around (after the rash clearsup, maybe try several days with no fleece and then a few with so you can compare). I hope you can figure it out! I'm just relieved to hear your DS is doing better.
sorry if there are a million typos. i'm nak. actually, i'm always nak or holding ds and typing, so i should just do one big apology for all of my posts :)

liya
11-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Yeah liza...We cant use tonitex!! Thats the cheap fleece we need to used MM fleece on Ari...

lizajane
11-12-2003, 10:52 AM
ok, the rash is all gone! yay! i have been putting him in bunz for naps just to be sure. i have not been using liners. i THINK the culprit is some new fleece i got very recently. it was a remnant (as usual!) so i don't know what kind it was. but i will find something else to do with it! i think i will go one more day without liners, just to be sure, and then i will go back to the ones i was using without any trouble. but those blue buggers are OUT. thank goodness good ol' grandmom sent use two more pairs of bunz so we have enough for naps and long outings this week!