PDA

View Full Version : folding CPF for baby boy

jec2
11-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Hi,

I've been meaning to post this question for about a week but have had little time...

Anyway, is there a better cpf fold for a baby boy? The reason I ask is that last week we first tried our CDs and found that my newborn prowrap cover didn't fit snug against my newborn's tummy so we had leakage with each diaper and, as a result, a lot of clothes changing! Or, is it perhaps the size of diaper I am using?

My newborn is probably approaching 8 lbs (he was 7 lbs. at his last check-up 10 days ago). I was using 4x8x4 UCPF with a newborn prowrap. I did try my small Bummis wraps also, which seemed to fit better over the diaper but very loosely around the legs of my babe.

Any suggestions?

mommyj
11-11-2003, 04:48 PM
I've always used the angel wing fold. You can see it here:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kfegelman/angel_fold.html
Thew infant 4x8x4 CPFs should be fine. When my little guy was first born, I used to turn them sideways and tri-fold them before putting them on, which allowed for a more snug fit. You could try that, but your ds might be too big for that already.
Are you using a snappi? If not, using one might help stop the leaks. I always snappi because I think it gives a more snug fit.
Also, is the diaper totally tucked into the cover? We had a leak once when the top of the diaper was sticking out over the cover. It could be the diaper is too big for the cover, but I'm not sure because I only used proraps for a few days.
One other thing you can try if the diapers are too bulky is to fold a small flap outwards on the back of the diaper, but be sure you put the snappi on the part of the dipe that's underneath the fold. We did that when ds moved up to the regular UCPFs because there was too much fabric to fold it under like you're supposed to for the angel fold. That helped with the fit on the legs. I hope that made sense.
I'll post again if I can come up with any more ideas.
HTH!

lizajane
11-12-2003, 10:48 AM
hmmm... it sounds like maybe you need to fold over the top of the diaper so that it is farther below the top of the cover. does that make sense?

here is what i do- lay the diaper on top of the cover with the backs matched up. put baby on top. fold the diaper (the part that is not under baby!) toward the center so that the two sides of the diaper come together right in the middle of baby's bum. pull up between his legs to his tummy. fold the top part back down again, either straight down so that there is another layer in front of his boy parts or drag the corners out toward the edges as you fold, so that the extra wraps around his legs a little.

very hard to explain in words. sorry. but the main point is- make sure that they top of the diaper is NOT lined up with the top of the cover in the front. it should be below it.

megulis
11-12-2003, 01:23 PM
I need an illustrated direction! Geez so many different tricks! lol