PDA

View Full Version : Poop!!! Ack, I hate it!!

parkersmama
11-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Amy Grace just started solids this week and whoever said that poop and CDs is not a big deal must have been talking about breastfed poop only!! LOL! This stuff is *disgusting*!! I have a minishower on order that should be shipped today but I'm not sure that I can even deal with it until it comes! It *doesn't* just "fall off" into the toilet, even with fleece. It's stinky, yucky, sticky and just plain gross! Please help me deal with this (pleading, picture down on knees begging). I'm no where near giving up but my stomach is churning! And, yes, I *know* it's just a little poop but I'm really struggling with it. Ick. :)

blnony
11-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Denise-
My only salvation with this is the minishower. Audrey's poop is still 90% this way even at 14 months. I really think I've blocked out what I did before the MS :D Actually, I know that I've just thrown away several liners because I couldn't bring myself to try and wash them off.

daisymommy
11-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Josh still has nasty-yucky-sticky poopies, even at 15 months. Because I'm still debating on continuing with cloth, I don't have a minishower yet. It is NOT fun changing a dirty diaper! Yesterday I had to swirl a diaper in the toilet bowl, then flush to help it come off. It helped, but it was still gross. Trust me, if I continue with CDs, I'm buying that minishower!!!

Edited to add: Here are three places I just found that sells the minishower.
http://www.tinytush.com/mini_shower.htm
www.bareware.net/minishower.htm
http://www.thebabymarketplace.com/securestore/c26488p9712204.2.html

parkersmama
11-13-2003, 11:01 AM
I ordered mine from www.angelwraps.com . She has it with free shipping right now for $36.50. I was already ordering some other things from here so I just thought it was easier to get it from her. Amy has been great in her CS! NaturalBabies also has it right now. I can't *wait* to try mine out...I'm desperate!!

egoldber
11-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Well, if it really sticks to the fleece liner, then I swish the liner in the toilet. But if everything doesn't come off, I just don't worry about it. It all comes off in the wash... And I don't have any stains on my diapers. Never had a mini-shower, never missed it.

RiaHannam
11-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Well in the past I used disposable/flushable liners just for that reason!
Am planning on doing that again this time around, but may go for that mini-shower too!

Maria & Taggert (5/13)- who will start solids in the very near future!

Momof3Labs
11-13-2003, 11:59 AM
I agree. We use the disposable liners often (DH likes them) but when we don't, this is what we do. No stains either. No mini-shower, and don't miss it a bit!

lizajane
11-13-2003, 01:58 PM
it may change to a more solid consistancy after the solids have some time to get into her system fully.

just take the whole icky mess and stick it in a wet pail (i use a small bathroom sized trash can that i leave on top of the washer). leave the diaper there for a day, then pour out the nasty water into the potty and then dump the wet diaper into the washer. should come out fine. and no touching the nastiness.

or disposable liners. or fleece liners, and just soak them in the wet pail, as above.

good luck!

pritchettzoo
11-13-2003, 02:16 PM
You're scaring me!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

JenaW
11-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Liza (or anyone else)

YOu can leave the whole dipe (poop included) in the pail? No dipping/rinsing, scraping, etc? Even on white/cream fleece? What is in the pail? I am not at all sqeamish, but was definitely NOT looking forward to scraping and swishing, but I HATE STAINS!!!

Jera
Mom to Carter ~05.13.03

Momof3Labs
11-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Fleece is the easiest - it is really hard to stain fleece. We don't dip, swish or scrape; whatever falls off goes into the toilet, the rest goes into the diaper pail (a dry pail).

And no stains - none!!

lizajane
11-13-2003, 07:06 PM
jera-
throw the whole thing in the pail! really! i have never had a poop stain on a diaper that i soaked right away. even when i didn't rinse the diaper. fleece is fabulous and really doesn't stain. but even if you get a stain, just hit it with some stain spray (i use shout or zout) and lay it in the sun for one morning. GONE!

but really. stick the whole thing in a bucket of water and be done with it. that is all i do.

oh, you can add a drop of det. in the pail if you feel like it. i do that when i think about it. but usually just plain water.

houseof3boys
11-13-2003, 09:27 PM
You're scaring me too and I am so on the fence. If Denise and Anna are scared how are they going to teach me about CDing when I see them at our outing next weekend?

It sounds yicky except the disposable liners (like Lori uses) might have my name written all over them. The wet pail sounds a little nasty to me too. I know it's not that bad since you all do it and love it but it does sound a bit icky when you compare it to just taking of a sposie and throwing it in the diaper champ. :P

JenaW
11-13-2003, 09:28 PM
That's incredible! I was really getting worried about this yucky, sticky stuff!

This CDing thing gets better every day!

Jera

parkersmama
11-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Have you been CDing Colin since the beginning? I know Beth started a little later. I'm wondering if it has something to do with that "just started solids" thing. The poop is still really sticky and yucky but it is also smelly and thicker (TMI, I know).

egoldber
11-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Well, Sarah still has poops like that (usually when too many grapes are involved....). And it is icky. But I just swish the liner and don't worry about what goes elsewhere. It really will wash off!

But I love that feeling when you open the diaper and its a nice solid poop. :)

HTH,

Momof3Labs
11-14-2003, 05:40 PM
We've been CD'ing Colin since he was 4 or 5 months old, so that includes some bf'd poop (but not the explosive newborn ones) and the full transition from exclusive bf'ing to solids, and he still gets those thick, sticky poops sometimes. We haven't changed our poop handling the whole time (except didn't use disposable liners when he was just bf'd).

parkersmama
11-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Well, I guess I'll try the shower and I also ordered some flushable liners just for a try (I figured these would be good for being away from the house). And, I'll probably do some of what you guys are talking about too! Thanks for encouraging me to give it a go with just washing! For some reason, having the real poop in my washer just doesn't appeal to me when the bfed poop didn't bother me at all! And, Beth, I totally know what you mean about a "solid" poop...I've always felt that way with the boys even though they were in disposables! It just means so much less cleanup!

parkersmama
11-14-2003, 10:27 PM
Debbi, I'm gonna get this worked out before I see you so I'll tell you then what's working! I can't stand it...gotta get a system. You know, I'm finding CDing is so much like everything else about raising children...as soon as you believe you've figured it out, a new curveball is thrown your way! LOL!

C99
11-14-2003, 10:29 PM
I don't use a mini-shower or swish either, and although we have poop stains on some of our diapers (mostly the hemp ones [and we've been CDing since the beginning!]), I don't particularly care because they're diapers.

starrynight
11-15-2003, 05:44 PM
Your all scaring me now. ;) I'm still on the fence about cding but I'm leaning more towards doing it than not.. I guess if go ahead with it I will try the wet pail trick. :)

toomanystrollers
11-16-2003, 08:45 AM
Denise and (mamas on the fence),
Neve is a little bit younger than Amy Grace and has been eating cereal for close to two weeks. Well this morning, you guessed it - our first really stick, green poop - GROSS!

Don't fear - my minishower (which I love) blasted it loose.
GO MINI GO MINI GO!

I also use my own homemade fleece liners in most of my dipes.

HTH