PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Clothes don't fit!

JenaW
11-14-2003, 02:23 PM
I really did not think this would be a problem as my DS is on the skinny side. Well....relatively. He sure doesn't LOOK skinny to me, but he is only 25-30th percentile for weight and 80-90 something for height! I only have some kisslauvs contours so far, and when I put them on yesterday with a wool stacinator cover, I could barely snap his onesie, which was a little big to begin with. And then snapping up his pants...FORGET IT! And at bedtime I had to go back to sposies :( We use GAP pjs as our first nighttime layer because they are long and skinny like Carter, so they fit the best. There was no way I could get anything under them. I tried a fuzzibunz with a joey and a fleece insert. My son had a butt bigger than mine....well, not quite, but close! I guess it may be easier with a girl in the summer, but now what??? Are none of his clothes going to fit? I just got a bunch of 6-9 month stuff off ebay that he is growing into for the winter. Without CD, they are still big, but with CD, they barely fit. Do I need to size up? Has anyone tried those snap extenders for the onesies? Carter is always cold, and despite a new furnace and an outrageous heating bill, our house is old, cold, and drafty so I can't skip them. HELP!!!!!!!!

~j
Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03

daisymommy
11-14-2003, 03:21 PM
I hope you don't mind me tacking a question on to your message Jera, but it's very related! What do you dress your older chunky boys in to fit over CD's? Like Jera said, with girls, it's easy with rompers and dresses. But pants to fit boys don't have tons of room in them. If you buy them one size up, they are too long. If they fit over his onesie shirts, the sleeves are too long. I have bought soem one peice boy rompers from Carters, GAP, and Old Navy that fit great because there is room in the butt, and no waist band. But I can't do taht with everything. Is there a certain brand that fits more roomy in the tushie?

lizajane
11-14-2003, 03:46 PM
schuyler is super tall-30 inches at 71/2 months and still 20lbs. one piece outfits are really hard because his torso is SO long and his legs are pretty short, then throw the CD in the mix...

he is skinny, so he is able to wear pants that fit over the CD and are still right for his legs. but i have to get roomy one piece outfits to fit his long torso, so i just roll up the sleeves or the pant legs.

roll roll roll is all i can suggest! well, or hem. that is what i will do with his christmas outfit. (size 18 months and i am hoping it will still fit his torso at christmas!)

smkinc
11-15-2003, 12:46 AM
Jeremiah is also long in the torso and there is pretty much no way a KL with a stacinator over will fit under clothing. He wore that a lot last summer, but no pants! (In fact in looking through our summer pics, it was unclear he ever wore pants, just a variety of dif. dipes!)

I did get some onsie extenders and they work great for making his body suits fit right. Because he's long in the torso I've found them useful even when wearing sposies. I've just ordered my first Hanna's, so I'll let you know how that goes. Other than that, he ususally wears sweatpants/cotton pullons that are more forgiving than jeans. Otherwise, it's a FB with just one insert.

HTH,
Mary

toomanystrollers
11-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Ok, for the big boys out there, Shea (95% H, 85%W, 2 yo) can easily wear Children's Place 3T carpenter jeans (elastic waist, pull-on style), CP sweats as well, Old Navy overalls, Lands End Rugby one-pieces and Lands End 2 pc. and zip-up Pj's (big sis's handme downs- even better). He's wearing mostly Motherease Sandy's or Happy Heinys for dipes.

He also wears undershirts now instead of onesies.

HTH