PDA

View Full Version : I may be done with CDs

blnony
11-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Lately I just haven't enjoyed CDing. Its getting harder and harder to get a diaper on Audrey and i find myself just using disposables to save the time and energy. I'm also not having to wash as often.
I know its filling up our trash faster, more expensive, but I'm just not enjoying the wrestling matches anymore.
Also, even though some of her winter stuff fits over the CDs, it just looks weird and too bulky, even my more trim stuff.
But, if I do decide to discontinue CDs, I will be selling everything off.....

toomanystrollers
11-16-2003, 08:28 AM
You need to do what's best for your situation and wrestling matches are definitely not fun. If it's of any consolation, my ds stopped the squirming matches around 2. Maybe come springtime, you may want to pull them out again when the 'ol bubblebutt can easily fit under a dress.

I hope you continue to hang around the butts board. I always look forward to reading your posts and you've answered many of my questions.

nohomama
11-16-2003, 09:29 AM
Brianna,

I wouldn't beat yourself up about using disposables but I also wouldn't start selling off cloth diapers yet. Lola went through a stage when she was about Audrey's age when it was difficult to get *any* kind of diaper on her. It lasted for a couple of months (though it seemed like for-bloody-ever!) and then she became more cooperative again. If Audrey's always been a wiggleworm and you really think you won't want to go back to cloth at some other point, then selling your stash may be warranted. If this is a new behavior though, I'd hold off.

And I really do mean you shouldn't beat yourself up about using disposables. Lola has been in disposables at night since she was something like 5 months old and I wasn't getting up with her every few hours to nurse anymore. And since Lola became potty trained during her waking hours a cloth dipe hasn't been anywhere near her bum. Even if I'd found a cloth solution for nighttime that had worked for us, it just doesn't seem practicle now that she's diapered only when she's sleeping to do a load of laundry that consists of just a few diapers. So, focus on the fact that you cut down on diapers in the landfill for awhile, you saved money by using cloth for awhile, and you enjoyed cloth diapering for awhile. There's a lot of positive in that. Don't focus on the negative.

liya
11-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Definately hun...I know exactly where your at...Ari is definately fighting with me more and more(more so than before) to get a CD on him...And its really getting annying. Plus with all the stress related activities going on in this house i had to take last weekend off.. I take a weekends to weeks off sometimes when things get really hectic around here and i really FORGET about the pail etc..

Dont beat yourself up about it. You have to do whats best for your family and your situation....But by all means PLS dont stop posting here i always look foward to hearing from you....:)

mommyj
11-16-2003, 01:32 PM
I also want to say I hope you keep hanging out here even if you stop using CDs.
Even though DS is too young for me to know about squirmy changes, I can see how it might be difficult once they get to that stage. But, I also agree that maybe you should hang onto your dipes for a while. It seems like a lot of moms quit for a while and then go back to CDing. I think it would be nice to have the option, just in case you want it, especially since it takes so long to build up a nice stash.

daisymommy
11-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Brianna,
I can soooo sympathize with you. Joshua cries and struggles every single time I change him, and it's only worse with a cloth diaper because it takes twice as long. That's definetly one of the things that makes me scared to switch to cloth. I can't even imagine struglling with him (or Audrey!) out in a public restroom on those little plastic changing stations.
As others have said, it may be worth holding onto your precious stash for awhile to see if it gets better. And please don't leave us newbies here without a mentor!
Best of Luck,