PDA

View Full Version : microterry towels from WalMart

stillplayswithbarbies
11-16-2003, 01:02 AM
Okay I finally found these microterry towels in the auto department at WalMart. Now what do I do with them? How do you all fold them? Do you use them in Fuzzibunz or just as doublers laid in any diaper?

I'll bet the blue ones look really hideous with breastfed poo on them.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

toomanystrollers
11-16-2003, 08:32 AM
Hi Karen,
First of all, I yanked the blue ones out b/c I've read about the blues ones bleeding - so we use these ones around the house.

I only use mine in pocket dipes - my HH's and FB's. I'll use one JB and then trifold the microterry towel and place on top of the JB.

hth

egoldber
11-16-2003, 11:26 AM
I have use them in FuzziBunz and as an added doubler in pretty much any diaper. I also pulled the blue ones to use around the house.

And thanks for the image of the blue ones with BF poo! :)

HTH,

stillplayswithbarbies
11-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Thanks everyone. The pack I got has three blue and two white, so I guess I paid (per white towel) about the same as a MOE insert would have cost.

Maybe I'll bleach the heck out of the blue ones so they can't bleed, and then rinse them until they don't smell like bleach.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
11-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Honestly, I never noticed my blue ones bleeding. But by the time I had gotten over my fear of them bleeding, I had been using them around the house for awhile. Now they've been used with household chemicals too often for me to be comfortable using them in her diapers!

celfsh
11-17-2003, 02:46 PM
FWIW, I never had a problem with the blue ones bleeding. I quit using them, though, because they were prone to static-cling and drove me CRAZY to fold...

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

egoldber
11-17-2003, 02:49 PM
Yes, they are VERY clingy! I usually find almost all my fleece liners attached to them after the dryer cycle, LOL!!! :) I think this is just the way microterry is.