PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Diapers- do they help?

Jen in Chicago
11-18-2003, 10:29 AM
DS we are calling "Super Soaker" lately. Even with a diaper change mid-night (which he HATES- we never changed him during a waking until now) he is soaking through everything (diaper, onesie, PJ's, sleep sack,...). During the day he is fine. We are using Huggies right now, and I wonder if we should try something that says it is good for nightime.

I have to think of a funny saying an adult friend tells us about himself.... Big Tank, small hose.

JElaineB
11-18-2003, 10:51 AM
My son has been leaking every night lately, out the front of the diaper, though I think I finally have it under control. He was dry this morning! So I have a few ideas for you...

What size diaper are you using at night? We use size 3 during the day but size 4 at night because they hold more. It does help. Going up one size at night might be all you need to do.

You might try an overnight diaper. We tried Huggies Overnights and they worked well but the gel in them becomes rock hard when wet. DS sleeps on his stomach usually and it bothered him enough so that he started waking up 3-4 times a night in them and not going back to sleep until I changed his diaper, so it kind of defeated the purpose. I usually have used regular Pampers Cruisers for overnight, but they were still leaking, so I tried White Cloud Overnights (from Wal-mart). They seem to be as good or a little better then Pampers Cruisers in the amount they hold and are a lot cheaper. Even so, he was still leaking a bit each night.

So, the final option for me was to try Diaper Doublers. Someone here told me about them a week or so ago. I couldn't find them in the store, so I ordered them online from [link:www.nwenteral.com/Detail.bok?searchpath=41679409f8ef7ad26cbc&category=Incontinence&start=1&total=19&no=18|DiaperDoubler.com]. They were $35 shipped for 6 packs of 30 (had to buy by the case). I tried one inside a White Cloud Overnight last night and he was dry this morning!! He didn't wake up at all, either! So I am going to stick with this and hope the no leak streak continues!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

*edited to fix web address*

daisymommy
11-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Jennifer,
I'm sorry you had to order a whole case of the Doublers rather than just one pack to try them out. But I did want to tell you that at least you didn't pay anymore for them than you do in the store (I think they are $4.99 or $5.99 a pack here).

If anyone else has trouble finding these and needs me to send them a single pack to try, I'd be happy to. Just email me. They can be found at BRU, Safeway, and Giant grocery stores.

egoldber
11-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Some moms here have used maxi-pads in nighttime diapers with good success. I'm not sure how this compares cost-wise to the "official" diaper doublers.

HTH,

JElaineB
11-18-2003, 02:48 PM
No problem - I'm just glad they worked! :) I don't have a BRU near me and none of my local grocery stores carried them, so I took a chance. Thanks for letting me know about them!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

myllam
11-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Hi,

We switched to Huggies Overnites a while ago for the same reason and they have worked out really well for us. Recently we ran out of overnites and thought, hmm, since DS is over 2 maybe he doesn't need them anymore, so we put a regular huggies diaper on him. Mistake, he woke up all wet. So back to overnites. Target seems to be the cheapest we've found them, and with a coupon they are not too much more.

HTH,

Monica