PDA

View Full Version : what diaper rash cream with CDs?

stillplayswithbarbies
11-18-2003, 02:36 PM
What diaper rash cream can I use with CDs? I remember reading something about stains, but I didn't pay attention because we have never had a diaper rash. Now we do. It's all raw and bleeding between her little butt cheeks where the poop touches her. I wiped her off and saw blood on the wipe, now that was a surprise. She cried, I cried, poor baby!

The only thing different is that I started using Diaper Buddies in the pail and the wash. I didn't use it this time, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

I used some Aveeno diaper rash stuff on her because that is what I had and I had to put something on her. What ingredient is it that stains diapers?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
11-18-2003, 03:06 PM
All the Desitin creams seem to be bad news. Fish oil is the main culprit but high % of zinc ozide seems to be a problem too. I generally only use Aquaphor with CDs. But I have used Balmex a couple times and didn't have a problem. I hear that the Burts Bees stuff works well too.

HTH,

Rachels
11-18-2003, 03:09 PM
Karen, if it's not a yeast rash, breastmilk is one of the best things going for diaper rash. Did you try that? Poor little love.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

MelissaTC
11-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Boudreaux's Butt Paste...works like a charm on Matthew's tush. Clears up within 24 hours and doesn't stain cds (at least not ours!)

http://www.buttpaste.com/index.sr?Screen=SFNT&Site_Code=bp

I like the Weldea cream as well. Smells nice =)

blnony
11-18-2003, 05:48 PM
Karen-
If Logan is teething that could be contributing to the rash too. Audrey gets absolutely awful bleeding rashes when she is teething. Her Ped. said it was making her poo "acidic" and basically burning her skin.
My Ped. recommended just using water and a washcloth when there is poop, and making sure that her booty was completely dry before putting another diaper on. Sometimes I use the blow dryer, on cool and not close to the skin. Then use a thin layer of liquid antacid like maloxx and a spritz of cornstarch powder, then the diaper. And that has worked wonders for us. Thats after A+D, Aveeno, Johnsons, Buttpaste, Dr. Smiths, Triple Paste, Common Sense, etc. I tried everything.
When the rash is bleeding, try putting on a very small amount of neosporin, but only once a day and sparingly.
Also, just air is the best. When A. gets a rash like that I let her just go naked in a controlled area that I can clean up, and that helps clear it up faster than anything. You could also try just a cd without a cover.
If you use fleece or disposable liners, most diapers creams will stain those and not the diaper too.
Good luck - Its hard to figure rashes out.

ctsiouts
11-18-2003, 11:44 PM
Just a quick opinion on diaper rash stuff...
I really like using burt's bee's because it doesn't stain and smells SO good...
I also like Badger Baby Balm - you can use this anywhere you want, on skin or whatever, and it's all natural. No staining. My daughter absolutely loves it.

stillplayswithbarbies
11-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Thanks everyone. Rachel, I have been chuckling all day thinking about aiming my nipple at her butt and giving it a squirt. :)

Brianna, it may be teething that is causing it. She didn't get any rash with her first two teeth though. I'll definitely try the neosporin if it bleeds again.

The only other thing we have have changed is that we started giving her water to drink, prior to this she has had only breastmilk. But I don't think water would cause a rash.

It seems to be clearing up now. Hubby uttered those dreaded words "she never had a rash in disposables", and I just smiled and said "she never had a rash before she had teeth either should we just yank them out?"

:)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

MelissaTC
11-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Teething poop can be terrible and really cause awful rashes. DS never had diaper rash until he started teething.

Good luck to you! And btw, you made me lol reading your comment to your DH...

Rachels
11-19-2003, 12:36 PM
>Thanks everyone. Rachel, I have been chuckling all day
>thinking about aiming my nipple at her butt and giving it a
>squirt. :)

I've done it. :) It's not pretty, but it cleared things right up.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02