PDA

View Full Version : Starbunz diapers

nathansmom
11-22-2003, 11:49 PM
How are these diapers? I'm in love with the cute animals but I'm not sure about the diapers. Has anyone purchased these?
I'm trying to find a reason not to purchase these way to cute diapers.

gamommy2noahnavery
11-23-2003, 12:33 AM
I just recieved my first shipment of them. I haven't used them yet, as I need to wash them, but I will be glad to let you know how well they work after I use them. I know that for me, it takes about 4 complete rinse/wash/rinse cycles before I can REALLY tell how well they absorb etc...BUT I can tell you that I too bought them simply because I was in love with the animals patterns and the way they look. I had heard mixed reviews on several boards, however at first glance I can tell you that are more cute than even pictured ( I got the lamb and kola + an orange with a star fish applique in raspberry on the back)and look to be a great quality diaper as far as the make. Laura (the owner) is so great to work with as well, which to me is major on a diaper purchase. .. good customer service. I had asked for priority shipping, but she sent them parcel post, so when I e-mailed her, she returns e-mails very quickly and refunded my money almost immediately plus she was very apologetic. I am sorry if so far I have not convinced you NOT to buy... I will post a review in a few days on the absorbancy etc... but in the mean time I hope this helps you some with your decesion! Good Luck!

nathansmom
11-23-2003, 12:46 AM
Please tell me what you think after you use them. The only reason I haven't ordered yet is I'm torn between sizes. This lady is going to make some money off of me. LOL

parkersmama
11-23-2003, 10:35 PM
Oh, those are adorable!!! I can't wait to hear how you like them! I'd love to have one but I think I'll wait til the weather is warm again and AG is walking so that I can let her run around with a cute animal tush for me to admire! LOL!

nathansmom
11-23-2003, 11:36 PM
I bought 3 of them. I had the hardest time choosing. I think Nathan is going to run around the house in only a diaper for awhile. I'll post how I like them when I get them.

C99
11-24-2003, 11:25 AM
I have 3 Starbunz -- 2 fitteds, which fit great but are not very absorbant, and 1 pocket AIO in the Koala pattern, which is *cute* but I wouldn't use it under clothes because the ears don't fit that well and the binding wicks. It's also not very absorbant.

nathansmom
11-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Caroline-
Is your Nate a heavy wetter? Is that why it wasn't very absorbant? Now I'm starting to rethink my purchase. My Nate isn't a heavy wetter.

C99
11-25-2003, 10:24 PM
He does tend to be a heavy wetter. He'd pee through the fitteds in under an hour (I'm not a change as soon as it's wet CDer) and I can't remember on the pocket.

gamommy2noahnavery
11-26-2003, 01:08 AM
I think they are wonderful. Now, granted I change a CD every hour round the clock (unless poopie then more often of course) and my DD isn't a heavy wetter, but I think they are great and so cute! We got the lamb and the koala, then one in orange with a raspberry starfish on the rear. SO, I think they are great but I am a diaper changer, I have never had a leak with any dipes so far. Of course, before I used the diaper, I washed, rinsed, etc. . .about 4 times. I hope this helps some people. I have seen a ton of mixed reviews re: her diapers.

nathansmom
11-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Thanks Caroline. Now I need to decided what I want to do.

nathansmom
11-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the review. Looks like I need to decide.

C99
11-26-2003, 02:30 PM
I got all of mine second-hand, so they'd already been prepped. With the pocket, the issue wasn't so much leaking as wicking from the bound edges (since the rest of the diaper was fleece, only the binding and the stuffer were able to absorb liquid). I really liked the fit and the bound edges of the Starbunz; they just weren't v. absorbant.

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-27-2003, 11:44 AM
This might have been mentioned...but I was between sizes too when I ordered everything, I got the larger size and asked for an extra snap to go on each product. I don't think I have been charged for that once...and have asked it of everyone I have ordered from.

HTH!!!

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

nathansmom
11-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the tip on asking for extra snaps.
Laura from starbunz has been emailing me as I have been trying to decide. She says she has a way to make the sizes last longer (something new that she hasn't done much of) and offered to let me try a few before actually buying them. I guess I'm sort of a tester.