PDA

View Full Version : when did your baby outgrow the CPFs?

cilantromapuche
12-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Abe is growing like a weed. I just posted a similar question about when babes outgrow car seats. He seems too big for his infant cpfs and the next size if huge-omongo. luckily we have the kissaluvs to tide us over (though not enough)

parkersmama
12-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Amy Grace (~15lbs) can still barely wear an infant CPF. It's hard to snappi it though. We've actually moved on to the regular (not premium) size. They are too big but workable.

mommyj
12-10-2003, 02:25 PM
DS outgrew his at about 2 months old. The premiums were huge on him then, so I decided to order regulars. Since they have less layers, they were a lot less bulky. If you want to order pcf samples, Colleen at naturalbabies.com has them. I ordered samples of the different sizes before deciding which ones to buy after the infant CPFs. HTH!

OT: I'm too lazy to go to the car seat forum, but my DS outgrew his car seat at 4.5 months. We decided to get a Britax Marathon after that since he's such a big boy.

jmofarrill
12-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey, Denise,

Anwyn is also 15 lbs, but I didn't start cd'ing her until she was 4 mo. I can *barely* get an infant around her in a bikini twist, but it's fine trifolded in a cover. I use the regular cpfs on her instead of premiums due to bulk, and after a bit of folding down, they're okay. Linda (liya) evaluated my folding and called it "a mess" (LOL), so I'm sure if it were cleaned up the cpfs would fit better. The technique she showed me didn't work too well on Anwyn, though, so perhaps my way is best after all! LOL :D

parkersmama
12-10-2003, 05:23 PM
LOL! Then I'm definitely *not* exposing my diaper folding technique to Linda's expert eyes!! :) I'm not really using CPFs right now much. I still like them but being in between sizes is rough. There was a point for a couple of months when the infant CPFs were my favorite diaper. After they started getting little, I switched to other, better fitting dipes. I figure that'll happen with the regulars, too, at some point. They'll suddenly fit well and I'll love them!

papal
12-10-2003, 06:57 PM
I was going to post the same questions!
I am using infant CPFs on Leela right now and the newspaper fold is getting a little hard to do.. the bikini still has ample room on the waist though.. she is 7weeks and weighs 8.5 pounds... am i doing the newspaper fold wrong (or rather is DH doing it wrong.. i prefer the bikini twist on her squirming bum)?

Rashmi