PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a front-loading Kenmore washer?

brookehanna
12-16-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm just wondering if you use the power wash cycle or the eco-cycle for washing dipes if you have this washer. Also what brand and amount of detergent are you using.

Thanks!
Brooke

edd baby #1 1/12/04

megulis
12-17-2003, 08:07 PM
I have a Kenmore front loading but think I must have an older model because I don't have those options. I use Tide Free. I do 2 prewashes (1 with a little detergent, 1 without), 1 Heavy Wash Cycle with 1/3-1/2 of the lowest line with the extra rinse option, and 1 more rinse. I use a little Calgon also.

mik8
12-18-2003, 12:34 AM
We have one but I don't do CD's. We wash really dirty clothes in eco-cycle all the time using the "extra rinse" feature. It should be fine. You don't use alot of detergent in a front loader. We use Tide powder for ourselves and works fine.

Chris
12-18-2003, 11:19 AM
I have an older model (from 2001). I don't have the same featuers. I don't use any of the special washes or extra rinses, even for dirty cloths. I use Arm and Hammer, which doesn't sudz (sp?) as much and it is very inexpensive compared to Tide, which I'm sure works great too. COnsumer Reports highly rated it (A&H, that is)-3rd, I think-the one with color safe bleach though I use the one without it too) a few years back. I then add a little bit of oxiclean when the clothes are really dirty and just set it on the heavy wash. Works great, especially with the oxiclean. Is everybody using the extra rinse b/c of baby's delicate skin? I went the Dreft route at first but then had no problems with regular detergent.

emilyf
12-18-2003, 04:32 PM
I use the power wash for diapers-I do two washes on hot with tide powder in the first wash. I use a pretty small amount of detergent, maybe 1/8th of a scoop?
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

brookehanna
12-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I'll probably start out with a cold pre-wash then do some experimenting with the power wash versus the eco-wash cycle. I do love this washer and dryer..my clothes have never felt cleaner or softer.

Brooke

edd baby #1 1/12/04