PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite diaper???

todzwife
01-14-2004, 09:11 PM
I keep changing my mind! LOL! I love FB at night, DH loves HH because they are easy. I find myself useing a snappied prefold 90% of the time when we are at hime though. I love using fitteds with a Dappi cover when we go out for a short trip, or a FB for a little bit of a longer trip. I am habing a hard time determining what I like the best. It seems I like different things for different situations. Anyone else like that?

nathansmom
01-14-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm the same way. My favorite diaper depends on what I am doing that day or what Nathan is wearing.
Dh loves the Fuzzi's, Wonderoos and HH.
Right now I'm into the fitteds with my Firefly, Sugarpeas and Elbees being my favorite.
When I get daring I do the prefolds but I always leak. I don't think I've mastered the prefolds yet.

mommyj
01-14-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm the same way. I use prefolds 99% of the time at home, but I like fitteds when I'm out. I use whisper pants pretty much all the time, since I've been too lazy to order another Bumpy wool cover since DS outgrew his other one. That used to be my favorite cover at night.
I'm thinking about getting some prefolds from tyedyedreams, but I can't decide if I prefer plain dipes more than ones with desgins. Hmmmm....

toomanystrollers
01-14-2004, 09:25 PM
My favs:

Nightime: firefly sleeptights

Out & about for a couple hours: fuzzibunz & happy heinys

At home: sos dipes

jec2
01-14-2004, 09:29 PM
I do love to use PF's, but I still cannot always get them leak-proof and I get tired of poopie on everything. So, my fitted's, especially my SP's. DH loves the pocket dipes as he says he doesn't like messing with covers. We are outgrowing some of our pockets so, for DH's sake, I'll have to go diaper shopping!

By the by, I have two sugarpeas, one w/sage thread, and one w/ cranberry. Why is one so much fluffier and seemingly thicker than the other? Do they have different fabrics and I ordered one of each?

Momof3Labs
01-14-2004, 11:19 PM
My favorite fitted is a Sugar Peas. Favorite cover is Bumpy Day. Favorite nighttime diaper is FB stuffed with JBs (although we are revisiting this because it is drenched some mornings). Favorite wool cover is the FuzEasy, though if I had to choose, I'd keep my Bumpys. Favorite fleece cover is Sugar Peas, but I'd still take the Bumpys if I had to pick only one type of cover.

parkersmama
01-14-2004, 11:28 PM
My favorite diaper is the Firefly. Favorite cover is SugarPeas fleece. A very close 2nd is Bumpy Day. I can't seem to settle on a favorite nighttime diaper right now. :(

jmofarrill
01-15-2004, 12:27 AM
We don't have a consistent favorite, either. I like the trimness of a snappi'd bikini twist cpf. I need to get some fleece liners (wal-mart!) so that Anwyn keeps dry... I either put a Bumpy or a SugarPeas fleece cover over the cpf. I really like my RBs, too - they are very absorbant, and since I have microfleece on the soakers, they keep Anwyn dry. I have a few First Class Baby diapers, too, which are great, but my RBs have an edge over them.

For out and about, I like my RB WIO Shell Sets. The contours are very easy to stuff in the diaper bag. When dh and I drove to Atlanta for the holidays, I kept Anwyn in the shell sets - they were great not just for the convenience, but when I changed Anwyn, she didn't have any creases on her bum or privates from sitting on the diaper for so long.

For night, I like a FB stuffed with 2 JBs. If I'm not on top of laundry :o, I'll put her in an RB with a JB for extra stuffing and an RB wool shell on over that.

erzzie
01-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Well...I used to be very happy with my diapering system, but I'm getting a little frustrated and have decided to tinker a bit...

For nighttime, my favorite diaper is my pocket fitted from Darling Diapers. It is completely fleece lined on the inside so Amelia feels dry. I can stuff it for just the right amount of absorbency, but still use my Sugar Peas wool cover.

For daytime, we use Liz Cloth size 2 fitteds with ME airflow covers (or Sugar Peas wool if we're at home). I don't have any trouble with poop blowouts because the fitteds do a great job (now that Amelia is eating a little solid food!), and the airflows are unmatched for never wicking.

The problem is, Amelia has turned into a crawling, wiggling, squirming 8 month old. Diaper changes have become a struggle, at best. At home, I can give her a toy to distract her, but that doesn't work when we're out. And she just screams through the changes....so, I'm trying a few AIO's from FMBG hoping that will be faster and easier. I love how small they are for the diaper bag...one extra AIO and an extra contour or two and I still can use my itty bitty Eddie Bauer diaper bag. :) I just hope they don't wick. I haven't found a cloth outer cover that didn't yet, so I'm worried.