PDA

View Full Version : Already a sore spot on DS's diaper area

sweetbasil
01-19-2004, 11:30 PM
So I guess I was leaving the diapers on too long today? Any tips for making a new little red spot clear up on boy parts? I let him go without a diaper for 45 min, and coverless for another 1 1/2 hrs, changing him every hour once the spot showed up- it reminds me of a blister or little raw spot. Anyway, I'm putting neosporin on it- any other suggestions? Maybe I should put him in a sposie tonight and get a better handle on it in the morning- keeping all wetness away from him in the meantime?

Thanks for your thoughts,

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Julie-
Neosporin works for us pretty quickly...we too suffer from those spots if the diaper has been on too long. We tried several things but the ped said "neosporin" and to wash with Phisoderm (which we never got, but keep meaning to)...

Keep us posted!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

liya
01-20-2004, 01:25 AM
How long did you leave the diaper on?? Did you use a fleece liner?? For Ari i have to change him once he is wet. I cant leave him in a wet diaper AT ALL unless its a pocket which is completely fleece lined and even then i have to watch out that the pee doesnt soak through and touches him....I call it the prune effect. I mean when you think about it...if you have something wet in your skin for a long time what happens...Skin softens etc etc...Since their skin is soooo super sensitive having something wet and acidic in theri sensitive skins can have an effect. Ari has super duper sensitive skin...Very prone to rashes so i have to keep an eye out...

BTW neosporin AWSOME idea!!

sweetbasil
01-20-2004, 06:20 AM
Thanks, Neve and Linda. I'm still learning about naptime and Charlie's skin- he was in the diaper for about 2 hrs., but it didn't have a fleece liner. It makes sense now- that I need to save up fleece lined dipes for when he's sleeping....I really need to build up my stash so that's not such a tricky thing to accomplish! Laundry every day is still fun, but I think every 2-3 days would be better.

BTW, at his middle-of-the-night feeding, it looked like the Neosporin was doing its job. Anyway, thanks for your speedy help. You gals are great :D

lizajane
01-20-2004, 11:11 AM
pop out to walmart and buy some fleece and cut it into liners! so easy, so cheap!

sweetbasil
01-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Should it be a single layer of microfleece, or do you sew multiple layers of microfleece (or other fabrics) together like the soakers I've purchased (from SugarPeas, for example)?

Momof3Labs
01-20-2004, 01:20 PM
A single layer of microfleece is all you need. SP soakers are one layer of microfleece (to keep skin dry) and 2-3 layers of hemp fleece (for absorbency).

sweetbasil
01-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks a bunch, Lori...I'm off to Walmart now :)

daisymommy
01-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Just cut a strip of fleece to about 4x15" and thats it! They don't fray or anything, so no sewing required. I cut mine around the shape of a Joey Bunz just to look nice, but to save time it's not necessary.

sweetbasil
01-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Does it matter if it's microfleece or just fleece? I got the softest bolt of fleece there was (lavendar- maybe not the best color for a liner), but they didn't have microfleece at WalMart, and Charlie was ready for a nap, so I couldn't go on a huge shopping expedition....

lizajane
01-20-2004, 04:08 PM
it doesn't matter. we use fleece remnants or whatever is cheap. if he has a reaction to the fleece, you may need to try another kind. but we have used 9 different kinds of fleece with only one reaction.

Melanie
01-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Triple Paste cures Ds in just one diaper, and when we had run out I tried everything else and nothing worked.

sweetbasil
01-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Thanks for all the tips, mommies! Everything's all cleared up and looking good again, and we've got lots of fleece liners ready for diapers from now on :)

mrmansmom
01-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Lansinoh, Lansinoh, Lansinoh! That stuff clears up everything we've encountered in the diaper area.