PDA

View Full Version : Poopers on a schedule(LOL) - has anyone tried the toilet at a young age?

cvharris
01-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Sorry if this is TMI!

Since DS has been on solids, he has a very regular poop schedule. He goes once a day every morning after he wakes up and gets his overnight diaper changed. I put him in his saucer to make it easier for him and he always goes within 5-10 minutes.

Seeing that we're in the hard-to-clean in-between poop stage right now, I was wondering if I should try to sit him on the toilet (supported) and see if he will go there, or maybe on a potty chair. I'm sure it probably won't do anything to train him necessarily at this young age, but it seems like it would be easier on me to have him do that instead of pooping all over on of his diaper and me having to clean it up. In the process of getting him out of his dirty diaper, sometimes it gets all over when I lay him on the changing table since he is so darn wiggly at this stage. :(

Has anyone tried this? I know it sounds kind of like EC, but I'm not wanting to do it all day long while he pees, just in the morning. Or is he too young and will I confuse him when we actually start potty training when he is older?

And if I do it, any ideas on how to keep him entertained on the potty?

toomanystrollers
01-21-2004, 09:33 PM
I've had Neve on the potty 3x - she was obviously pooping - red face, lots of grunting LOL

I don't think there's any harm in an occasional poop on the potty. I think just sitting on the potty should be entertainment enough :)