PDA

View Full Version : I still exist...

jmofarrill
01-24-2004, 09:54 PM
I'm still around; I've been lurking for the past several days not really posting much. I thought I'd just post here since it's where I hang out most.

Anwyn has been/is really sick with a high fever since Wednesday evening. I've been giving her Motrin every 4 hours to keep the fever down. She finally started acting like herself this afternoon. She never got over her last cold that started around 1/7. I've taken her to the dr twice in a week, but everything checks out fine. If she still has the fever tomorrow I'll take her to the ER, according to mommy-instinct and dr's orders.

I addition, Friday was my last day at my bookkeeping job, and my new computer tech job starts on Monday. I was EXTREMELY slammed at work trying to get all the loose ends tied up so that the person taking over my office would only have to concentrate on new things that came in. I still brought stuff home with me to finish, though.

Thanks so much for the Hidden Gems links; my new fluffymail has started coming in. Some of it I'm thinking "no way", but others I'm excited about. Specifically, I really like the SugarPlum Baby hemp fitteds. They are as trim as Firefly dipes, and they were only $8 each! I'm sure they won't stand to a super soaker, but since Anwyn is an average wetter, they'll be fine on her.

My First Class Baby AIOs finally came in today from the 1/10 stocking; they look good, too. I didn't see anything at the last stalking, I mean stocking, that I couldn't live without, so I didn't buy anything! LOL How strong I was.

I realized the other day that dh only uses cpfs and either an RB wool shell or an SP fleece cover. Soooo, despite all the new fluffymail I'm receiving and have on order, I'm debating selling off a lot of stuff and just using the darn cpfs and my favorite fitteds... I don't know how long I'll debate and which way I'll decided, but I'd sure be saving a WHOLE LOT of $$$$$ if I just stuck to the cpfs!

Anyway, I'm still alive and I've been trying to read most of the threads even though I'm not able to post myself.

new_mommy25
01-24-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm sorry Anywyn is sick and I hope she gets better. I love her name BTW.

todzwife
01-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated! Hope everything gets better for you soon. I almost sold a lot of my fitteds, but decided that DS will probably be coverless this summer, so I kept them. Gotta love the prefolds though!

kensjen
01-24-2004, 11:08 PM
hi Michelle!

I hope Anwyn is doing better. I know how worried you must be. Let us know how she is, I'll be thinking of you.

So what did you like, didn't you like?? Some of those links really tempted me too! I know everything doesn't work for everyone, but I always like to hear opinions.

We seem to have/like a lot of the same stuff. :)

I hear ya about the CPF's but the other things are just TOO cute to resist, LOL!

sweetbasil
01-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Michelle,
I hope little Anwyn is back to her cheerful little self tomorrow, and that you're able to skip the ER visit altogether. Thanks for starting that Hidden Gems link- I think now that I've got a system at least started, I should just stay out of this forum to avoid those temptations ;)

Hang in there,

parkersmama
01-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Sorry to hear that Anwyn is sick. Everyone at our house is sick too except dh. Not running fevers, though, so not as bad off as Anwyn!

The SugarPlum hemps sound intriguing. Have you heard anything yet about your SPs? I've been checking her shipped list to see if they've gone out but I haven't seen them yet. I'm dying! LOL!

pritchettzoo
01-24-2004, 11:59 PM
I'm so glad you're okay--and I hope your little sweetie gets to feeling better.

And if you decide to sell off your stash...do we get a sneak preview? :)

Looking forward to your other reviews. I am on the prowl for new diapers!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

jmofarrill
01-25-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm sorry most everyone's sick at your house, too. I suppose with five people in the house, it's hard to pick a day when everyone's well! LOL

I've been checking the SP shipped list every day, too! Nothing yet, though - they're probably waiting to get everything together and ship it all at once. I'm waiting on the Wedgewood cover/diaper set, an irregular teapot diaper (I broke down and got it since it was 20% off for being irregular), and a 'mystery' fleece cover.

I tell you what, for someone doubting my current system, I have quite a lot of stuff on the way...

jmofarrill
01-25-2004, 12:16 AM
>I hear ya about the CPF's but the other things are just TOO
>cute to resist, LOL!

Yeah, that's what gets me into trouble! LOL

I haven't received everything yet that I ordered, I ordered from several new-for-me places:

www.sugarplumbaby.com (2 hemp quick-dry fitteds)
www.celestialbaby.com (1 custom hemp fitted)
www.hiddenpearlcreations.com (1 custom fitted)
www.mudpiebabies.com (1 custom fitted - Valentine's Day print)
www.cutest-cloth-diapers.com (Little Lambs - 2 AIOs)
www.angelwraps.com (1 custom quick-dry AIO)

Add to that my order at SP and my fluffymail order that's trickling in, well, I've blown my play money for January and February already.

Oh, remember I said I'm starting a job as a computer tech on Monday? I found the greatest print at Little Lambs - it's dark blue with a subtle star print in the background and computers with the atomic symbol on the monitor in the foreground! It's perfect! LOL It's mine!!!

I've been impressed with the communication at several of the above companies. Several of the ladies are really nice and have taken the time to answer my questions. So far, the workmanship has been fine, but I don't go over my dipes with a magnifying glass, either! LOL After we use the dipes for a bit, I'll post my reviews.

cvharris
01-25-2004, 12:26 AM
I hope Anwyn is feeling better soon! It's gotta be tough when your little one isn't feeling well.

So, what's this 'mystery' fleece cover from SP? I'm intrigued...:)

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

toomanystrollers
01-25-2004, 02:56 AM
Would a valentine lilybottom make her feel better? :) Hope she's on the mend and congrats on your new job!!

mommyj_2
01-25-2004, 03:32 AM
I hope Anwyn is feeling okay. I have to say I love her name, too!
I'm right there with you on the prefold thing. I haven't tried many different dipes, even though I'm always lusting over them, because we use CPFs 99% of the time. But, I do have to say fitteds are nice when I'm too tired and delirious to snappi a dipe. I'm not that tired too often, but when I am, I'm so glad I have a few fitteds to use.

daisymommy
01-25-2004, 11:05 PM
Michelle,
I sure hope Anwyn is feeling better soon, poor baby :( That's so hard as a mother not being able to fix everyhing for our children when they are hurt or sick. And I think it's very important to trust our mommy instincts when we think something may be wrong. Thanks for "checking in" with us, we've missed you! Hope all goes well with your new job--congrats!

parkersmama
01-26-2004, 02:15 PM
It's a cover that Carrie couldn't figure out what to call the color. Sort of a deep purple/dk brown/gray color. Here's the link:
http://sugarpeas.wahmart.com/Store/WsDefault.asp?One=1352