PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Rash!

KMommie
01-29-2004, 03:30 AM
I did a quick search, but am looking for some additional info. Kiki has only had diaper rash a couple of times. Yesterday, I noticed a rash. Today, it turned bright red, it looks like it's getting some "bumps" around the edges. Probably a yeast rash? How do you "get" a yeast rash?

The only thing I can think of that could have caused the rash is we gave her a bath 3 nights in a row. We never wash her that often, so it was unusual for her. Other than that, I'm tempted to blame the day care. They've had some "temp" help in, and if they aren't being as vigilant with hygene, could Kiki have picked up a yeast rash from another baby? I know that one of them has one, since I've seen the med instructions for Nystatin pinned to the board there.

Anyway, I started the Monistat cream tonight (just in case--plan on calling the dr on Friday, if there's no change or it gets worse), and I have a couple of questions---do you put the cream on every diaper change? How thick do you put it on? Do you add anything to it? I'm also giving her extra time diaperless and have switched back to plain water, no wipes, but every time we do a diaper change, she's in tears, and she cries out when she pees or poops. Anything else I can do to help her?

TIA,

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

mommyj_2
01-29-2004, 04:22 AM
I would just keep leaving her diaperless as much as possible to see if it clears up on its own. DS had a similar rash in December, and I was convinced it was yeast (it went away and came back twice), but the ped said it wasn't yeast.
I just let him go diaperless most of the day for a few days. That, along with a little bit of Lanisoh (or is it Lansinoh...I can never remember) did the trick. I also just rinsed his little butt at night with water instead of using any soap for his bath.
I hope it's not a yeast rash!