PDA

View Full Version : I need a quick education in pocket diapers

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Do you reuse these???
Do you dry them???
Do they need covers????

I want to get some but know little about them...
Thanks
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Momof3Labs
01-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Most pocket diapers, like FuzziBunz, do not need covers. I have a couple of pocket fitteds, but those are rare (and need covers). You cannot reuse them without washing them, and you do not dry them. FBs airdry in no time flat; I haven't used any other pocket dipes!

doubleL
01-29-2004, 03:49 PM
I am glad you asked about this, I've been wondering too... especially about Fuzzi Bunz since you all seem to love them. Hope you don't mind me tagging on a few more questions here.

Does anybody actually use CPFs in them or just MOE inserts and Joey-Bunz? Is the MOE insert the exact same thing as a Fuzzi Bunz Insert?

TIA!

cvharris
01-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Yes, people do use CPFs in FBs. I do not, b/c Ben is a heavy wetter and if I overstuff I can't get them tight around the legs. I believe the MOE insert is the same thing as a fuzzi bunz insert. There are MOE inserts and MOE doublers that I believe look very similar but the doublers are not as thick. MOE is the name of the company that makes FB.

There are also a lot of other hemp stuffers on the market that you can use. I just ordered some nighty newt soakers from Little Lounging Lizards that I hope will work better for us at night in the FBs. You can also put in any doubler you might have or use microfiber towels.

We really like using FBs. They are DH's diaper of choice, and I really like them, too. They are relatively trim, very versatile, completely cover baby in microfleece and are super easy to take care of. We've been using the same size for five months now and DS still has tons of room to grow.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

sweetbasil
01-29-2004, 04:32 PM
If Tristan is "curious" about his dipes and tries to take them off, FuzziBunz are great b/c their snaps are tricky for little hands to master. I love them for that reason.

The pocket dipes at thebabyblanket.com (Little Cush Diapers) and Happy Heinys are applix, which is great around here b/c Charlie's such a squirmy wormy- they make for a quicker change. I use the microfiber towels from WalMart to stuff them, b/c they were a cheap, quick way to get started. When those are gone, I have one each of the MOE and JoeyBunz soakers that I use for backup. I'm thinking about getting some nighty newts soakers though, for trimness.

As I've read here, and now experienced myself ;), the Happy Heinys wick onto clothes more than our other pocket dipes. BabyBlankets are the trimmest, run a little smaller, and their pocket opening is the smallest/tightest of the three, but are also the most reasonably priced.

I've really come to love the ease of using pocket dipes (I'd use my Indian PFs all the time if Charlie would lay still!) and have ordered some from a few other WAHM sites, but they haven't arrived yet.

(Oh my gosh, I'm so excited- I finally get the lingo, Neve, and I can somewhat intelligibly engage in a CDing conversation now! heehee!)

Edited to add: I really love how pocket dipes keep Charlie's skin dry, and that when using them, I don't have to worry about remembering a fleece liner, etc.

HTH,

mrmansmom
01-30-2004, 01:27 PM
You can dry Fuzzi Bunz- the instructions that come with them say to dry on medium heat and "they should dry within 15-20 minutes."
They do dry quickly air drying as well, but if you wash a lot of them it's a pain to find places to hang them all (unless DH takes them and hangs them over the back of dining room chairs and leather sofas!!!! argh!)

I think you should try them- they are super!

Momof3Labs
01-30-2004, 05:47 PM
>FuzziBunz are great b/c their snaps are tricky for
>little hands to master.

I wish that were the case - I remember several months ago, Colin was standing in front of us in his FB, and he hooked his thumb behind one flap, looked at us, and pulled - pop, pop, the FB fell to the floor!

If a baby wants to get their diaper off, they will, whether it be snaps, aplix or disposable!

sweetbasil
01-30-2004, 07:05 PM
Sorry Lori, I should clarify...they're tricky for our little guy's hands to master--- so far ;)

liya
01-30-2004, 07:36 PM
OMG there is no diaper Ari hasnt taken off yet(well except for the side snapping ones that seems to be the only ones he cant take off)...Fuzzibunz were super easy for him to take off as well...But he has since stopped fiddeling with his diaper THANK GOD!!! LOL

slknight
01-30-2004, 09:56 PM
I use CPFs to stuff Fuzzi Bunz. Not all the time, since I have a significant number of Joey Bunz, but I definitely do it. Probably about half the time. And yes, CPFs as stuffing do make for a pretty bulky fit.

HTH,
Susan and Alex (04.18.03)

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-30-2004, 10:45 PM
you go girl!!! You sound like a CD guru!!! :)
I'd love to see some new pics of the boys...send 'em my way when you get a chance :)
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

sweetbasil
01-31-2004, 12:15 PM
Check your e-mail- I just sent you a link to our little family website :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Your whole family could be models...you all are absolutly beautiful!!!-the joy of your family is so obvious in the pictures...and my what handsome boys!!!
By the way that was the first time I was able to see Kellen's room!!!! The picutre above the bathroom didn't show up but all the others did. His room is awesome...your whole house is awesome...and I love the Whale theme bathroom!!!1 (I might steal that idea)...

Gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003