PDA

View Full Version : Poop question...why peanut-buttery if no solids?

pritchettzoo
01-31-2004, 01:47 AM
I figured this was the most appropriate forum in which to discuss excrement...:) I thought the peanut-butter poop started with solids. She's still only BF. The past two poops have been gawd-awful--and they SMELL! What's up with this? She's also passing gas with an odor that rivals her grandfather's... Where's my delicate little flower?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

thekimballs
01-31-2004, 02:50 AM
Is it still the breastfed color? I've certainly had breastfed poops that weren't the liquid "curdy" kind, especially if the baby hasn't pooped in a day or two (when the stool sits in the colon, the body absorbs the water out of it and the result is the thicker and more formed stool). But the color is usually still the pollen yellow or close to it. With the combination of poop consistency and gas, I'm guessing she might be reacting to something in your milk--have you eaten anything unusual lately or really binged on dairy? I'm hoping it's just a temporary stage and you'll be back to your normal flower soon :-).

houseof3boys
01-31-2004, 09:27 AM
Hmmmm, I don't know about that one. Ryan's poops only started stinking when we started solids and boy do they stink! Perhaps you ate something different? Dairy? Too much hot chocolate in this cold weather we are having?

I hope your little flower comes back because you want to hang on to that non stinky poop as long as you can. :)

parkersmama
01-31-2004, 09:48 AM
It seems like in the last month before we started solids, the poops began to firm up a bit and get more stinky but I don't know why. Hopefully, it was just those few and she'll be getting back to normal quickly!!

todzwife
01-31-2004, 11:31 AM
Dallin only goes every few days and his are EXACTLY what you are describing. They are a very sticky peanut butter and smell like horse poo! LOL! Yuck!

calebsmama03
01-31-2004, 02:30 PM
Have you given Tylenol lately? I found that DS had a similar reaction when we first gave him Tylenol.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

miki
01-31-2004, 03:08 PM
Lorelei is right there with Gracie. It started when she began to go a couple of days between pooping. The smell of the gas is worse than the poo. Yick.