PDA

View Full Version : Disposable diaper recommendations

lisak
03-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi everyone! I am new here and this is my first posting. I was wondering what brand of disposable diapers you all recommend. We started out with Huggies Supremes and our son is wearing size 3's at the moment- 15 pounds b/c he has a tummy. I think I am not closing them tight enough for fear that the tabs will leave red marks, but now he leaks through esp. when he sleeps on his side.

I am getting frustrated having to change his pajamas several times a night, plus having to do extra laundry as a result.

Do you have any suggestions/recommendations/advice for me?

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
03-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Try Huggies overnights for more nighttime absorbency. And make sure that you fasten the diaper snug enough and point his penis down when you diaper him. Ultimately, the best diaper is the one that fits your baby best and provides the absorbency when and where they need it, which means that everyone has a different diaper to recommend!

lisak
03-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try the Overnights, and hopefully we will have better luck at night.

KMommie
03-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Different diapers work for different body types. :) Kiki has always had a tummy---I found that the new and improved Pampers Cruisers (with the blue lines around the legs) caused leaks around the legs for her. After that, I've been on a quest to find a good overnight diaper for her. I've tried the Supremes, Baby Drys, White Cloud (Wal-Mart), Loving Touch (Target) and Ultratrims. The Ultratrims work best for us. I can't stand the smell, but at least she's not leaking. Of course, I just found a stash of old style Cruisers at Walgreens last month on vacation----I bought them all! :) They are my favorites! But, unfortunately not available anymore.

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

vikivoly
03-20-2004, 12:11 PM
I don't have much luck with Huggies. For some reason I keep wanting to give them another try, but every time I do, I end up with leaks. I don't really do the generic diapers because I like the softer feel of the Huggies Supreme and the Pampers Cruisers. So I guess my vote is for the cruisers.

Pkutniewski
03-20-2004, 02:18 PM
I use Huggies supremes size 4 for my son (he's a very big boy at four months - nearly 20lbs) as they are the only ones that keep his poop where it is supposed to be! I never had an issue with pee leaking out the legs. You do need to make them snug though, Jack doesn't seem to care about the red marks the diapers leave. I think it is somewhat like wearing "femenine protection" after a while you forget it's there. You have to get them tight around the hips not the belly. If you tighten it to belly size it will just slip down and be loose around the waist. At night, however, I use Seventh Generation diapers as they do not shed their gel crystals on his genitals. They are usually found in organic/health food stores (or online). They are expensive but I only use one diaper at night since Jack doesn't pee or poop when he sleeps and he sleeps about 7-8 hours a night. The generation diapers stink when it comes to holding in BF baby poops. So that is a consideration. I have attached a picture of Jack and his belly!
Mom to Jack Henry 10/22/03