PDA

View Full Version : Need covers that allow DS to bend at the waist LOL...suggestions?Question for Linda too...

brittone2
03-14-2004, 03:33 PM
I recently started CDing DS who is 4 weeks old today. We've been going for about a week. So far we mostly seem to prefer CPFs/Indian PFs, but we're having cover issues. I went with green earth covers. I have newborn sized ones as well as smalls. He's pretty much outgrown the newborns...he's up to 11 lbs 4 oz and it is hard to get them over the bulky folded over CPFs. But the smalls, while I can get the leg gussets tight, etc. seem to come up pretty high in terms of rise. When I try to sit him up to burp him, it seems like they dig into him and he gets irritable (and there are sometimes red marks from them digging into him). Same with the bummis smalls..they come up pretty high. THey seem better, but I get BF poop leaks unless I use them with a fitted like my tiny tots that ha gussets of its own.
I'm looking for cover suggestions...maybe something w/ a lower rise? Linda recommended looking into Nikkys and Bumpys. Dumb question, but are we talking about wool nikkys or would the cotton or other covers also work? And are "bumpy day" covers the same as Imse Vimse (or whatever it is LOL) bumpys? What would you recommend?
I need something that can work w/ my current stash. So far I have a SPs size 1 but haven't tried it yet (next diaper change). I also have two tiny tots fitteds, which I normally use a bummis with as of now. (I also have 3 FBS which I love but DS hasn't pooped in one yet...so I'm not sure how it will go w/ the explosive poop, and I have one LL AIO but it gives him the BIGGEST diaper butt ever! Of course, neither of those needs a cover).
TIA!