PDA

View Full Version : Pants like Hannas to wear overtop of CD's?

daisymommy
03-16-2004, 07:42 PM
I posted this in the Reality Layette forum too, but since I'm asking because I need pants that are CD friendly, I thought I'd ask here too!

Is there such a thing as pants that fit and stretch like Hanna Wiggle Pants or Hip-Hoppity pants? I've heard they're great to wear over top of bulky cloth diapers, and would love that! However, the pants alone are $20, and they don't have regular colors that would match any other shirts in the stores here. So, that means I'd have to buy a shirt to match--another $15-$20. Thats a $40 play outfit! Yikes! I wish the pants were more mix-and-match with things available in regular stores.
So, long story short, are there other pants out there that are just as roomy in the tushie area, and just as stretchy (short of dressing him in pj's!) Or, if you know of a cheaper way to do a matching shirt, I'm not opossed to paying $15-$20 for Hanna pants.

BTW...I do have onepeice rompers from LE and all that, but I really like the idea of the stretchy roomy knit pants :)

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
03-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Some of the WAHMs make these, like Lucy's Hope Chest (for $11-12 for the 2T-4T sizes):

http://www.lucyshopechest.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=1048

jmofarrill
03-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Some of the ladies at MDC swear by Target pants, but I haven't tried them so I can't tell you about their quality. Here's the thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122578

emmasmama
03-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Hi Amy, not sure how big Joshua is, but I found these packaged Gerber pants and undershirts at Target that were super inexpensive ($8 for two?) and reasonably cute (kind of pajama looking). I think it is Gerber's version of Carter's Tykes. I think they came in a 2-pack, and they're in the section where all of the packaged undershirts and onesies are. The Gerber stuff goes ALOT bigger than the Carter's Tykes and they're much stretchier fabric. I think the ones I got are either marked LG or XL and I think they go up to 30 lbs, but honestly, they are SUPER stretchy and a lightweight knit that I think will be good when the weather's warmer. I checked but I don't see them online. They come in some cute stripes and solids and are VERY easy to get off and on!

HTH!

daisymommy
03-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Laurie,
I saw these! I actually had themin my cart, but then wondered what they would really look like on him. I think that I will buy some to try out, considering we're home most of the time, so it doesn't matter if they do look a little like pj's. Thanks for letting me know you like them!

thekimballs
03-17-2004, 03:22 PM
I don't know if this helps you make up your mind, but if you're planning on having another baby the Hannas are the only brand that hold up and make it to like-new hand-me-down status. I have Hannas pants that are washed and ready for child number FOUR (they have circulated around the friends several times) and they are still great. So they do get more economical over time. I agree with you about the colors, though; the lollipop Hannas dyes are hard to match. I've had some success at the other outlets (Carters, etc.) but basically if you want the outfit to look perfect you have to buy both pieces at Hanna. Where you might be able to save money is by shopping the outlets--look on the Hannas website for the phone number of the outlet nearest you. Even if you're too far to drive, call them and they'll ship you stuff. The outlets don't get REALLY cheap unless you hit one of the $5 or $10 sales, but the wiggle pants are at least a few bucks less than retail.

C99
03-17-2004, 04:48 PM
We really like the pants from Babystyle's Softest line to wear over CDs.

Calmegja2
03-17-2004, 06:48 PM
I was going to suggest Babystyle's softest, too. I really like how they wear, and how they fit.

Gymboree works well with cloth diapers, too, and have been aging every bit as well as my Hannas (I also think Lands End ages phenomenally well).