PDA

View Full Version : Newbie IN LOVE with Kissaluvs!

HoneymoonBaby
03-18-2004, 12:30 PM
So, I got my first order of 4 Kissaluvs size 0 for when Ian gets here . . .

THEY ARE SOOOOOOO CUDDLY!

I never understood how you guys could call diapers "cuddly," but now I see the light. These things are so soft, so thick, and yet so unbelievably trim (I tried them on the stuffed animal I've been practicing prefolds with). The colors are YUMMY, too. I kept squeezing and hugging the diapers, much to my husband's amusement. He likes them too, but isn't thrilled about the price. Oh, well, he doesn't have to look at my bank statement if he doesn't want to know how much I will be spending on a stash of these scrumptious diapers.

I know the rumor is that these aren't really very absorbent, which is probably fine for a newborn in size 0s. But is there something similarly soft, but more absorbent for older babies? I am going to try out FuzziBunz when Ian is ready, but I think I will be very sad to give up the cuddly little Kissaluvs.

I LOVE THESE DIAPERS!

(By the way -- how many times and how should I wash them to get them ready for Ian?)

papal
03-18-2004, 02:41 PM
:)
I sense the onset of a cloth diaper addiction here.

Here ya go:
http://www.kissaluvs.com/diapercare.htm

tarahsolazy
03-18-2004, 08:31 PM
I've been using my KL 0s for a week and a half now with my newborn DS, and they work great. He pees very frequently, but small amts, so only the front of the dipe is really wet. We also use cpfs and a snapi, and have not had one leak, pee or poo. (Unless you count the time DH forgot to put on a cover, LOL). My baby was big, 9#11oz at birth, 10#2oz today at the peds, and they fit well, with plenty of snaps left, although we are on the top row. We are using fleece liners, initally because otherwise the snaps were touching his healing circumcision on the inside, now because it prevents stains and really seems to keep him drier. Anyway, just sharing some practical newborn CD experience. We washed our first 6 KLs three times before using, drying in between. I got 12 more (seconds) this week, and those we only washed once, figuring they'll gain absorbency as we use them and wash them. (And besides, I really wanted to get them in rotation - cpfs in the middle of the night are harder than during the day, as you can imagine)

jmofarrill
03-18-2004, 09:56 PM
I only purchased one Kissaluvs for Anwyn, and that one was in a diaper package. I believe I would get a good number of them for the beginning if there is ever a baby 2. I'm glad you like them! CD'ing is a lot of fun and it's very satisfying. Enjoy!