PDA

View Full Version : Pic of Kool- Aid dyed wool :)

todzwife
03-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Rashmi- these are for you! LOL! The two on top are Aristocrats- the one on your left is plain and the other is dyed with orange and red and the bottom one is a wooly baby soaker that is dyed with red. Just to give you an idea of what Kool-aid can do!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/3492.jpg

papal
03-19-2004, 07:43 PM
WOW!!!! You did that with KOOLAID???? You have really got me interested now!! I LOVE them both!! Hmm.. maybe i should get me an Aristrocrat!

Thanks for the pics Shandelle! And as usual, Dallin is looking simply too adorable! The DDs are really trim. After seeing these and Laurie's, i really want to get one too!!!

new_mommy25
03-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Wow, those are awesome!! Can you post directions or a link? Also, is the color set or does it bleed every time you wash?

daisymommy
03-20-2004, 12:44 AM
Oh my gosh that's georgous! How did you do the orange and red tye-dye sort of look without it all blending together on the Aristocrat? And are Aristocrats very soft and stretchy? or more like wool flannel? I can't decide if I should try this on a Aristocrat or a Fuz-Easy...neither of which I have yet, but now I see that must get one so I can dye it with Kool-Aid!

Hmmm...I wonder if I could dye a hemp SugarPeas fitted?

todzwife
03-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Idyed the marbled one orange first and let it dry and then did red. :) I don't think the Kool Aid stays in hemp, just wool, alpaca, silk, mohair and angora. You can try in on nylon covers too- but the covers fade over time :)Crats are stretchy- the ones I have pictured I got cheap and they are felted and not stretchy. I am going to dye my other one soon and I'll post them too. :)