PDA

View Full Version : Is this the same as a mini-shower?

pritchettzoo
03-21-2004, 08:12 PM
I saw an infomercial late one night (breastfeeding allows me to watch absolute crap and not feel guilty ;)) and this seems cheaper than the mini-shower. I couldn't tell if it was the same thing or not though, and I would like to have two--one for upstairs and one downstairs. The name alone cracks me up: Bidet Ole! http://www.bidetole.com/

Where is the pressure adjustment on a mini-shower? On the cheesy thing it's controlled by the on/off push button--you push farther in to make the spray stronger.

We had our first solids poop and I'm thinking a mini shower is in order shortly.

The thought of using this as a bidet in the middle of winter--yowsers! You could get frostbite doing crazy stuff like that...

Thanks!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

liya
03-21-2004, 08:14 PM
Yup....I have Mrs. Bidet!! HA HA HA...the names are funny but thats their original function...

houseof3boys
03-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Love the name....Bidet Ole. I am cracking up just saying it in my head.

I thought I would die without a mini shower too, but we are doing okay without one. I started CDing right around the time he was eating 2 solid meals a day and I thought there was no way I could continue without the mini shower either Anna...those poops are not nice!!!!

Denise - How is yours? I still crack up thinking of her (parkersmama) post with AG's poop and her "needing" a minishower pronto.

Bidet Ole! LOL!!!!

pritchettzoo
03-21-2004, 10:02 PM
What are you using Debbi? I was going to buy rice paper liners but they aren't recommended for septic systems. I guess I could just throw the yukky ones away...also, DD doesn't poop all that often nor is it on a predictable schedule...

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

parkersmama
03-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Yes, I love mine! The only downfall is the "overspray"...maybe sometimes I'm a little too zealous at blasting poop? *blushing* Seriously, it looks just like the Bidet Ole and I love it! Works soooo well and really does make dealing with poop a lot easier. AG sometimes still has those yucky peanut butter poops that I hate and the mini-shower is a life saver on those days. :)

And, Anna, she may become more regular with more solids. That seemed to happen for us.

new_mommy25
03-22-2004, 12:25 AM
Lol, Anna how are you doing? DS is just starting on solids too. The consistency isn't bad but the smell is enough to knock me over sideways!

jmofarrill
03-22-2004, 12:46 AM
yeah, here's another "overspray" situation - I apparently was holding the stupid thing upside down the other day and managed to spray the ceiling! Ack! That thing has some pressure! LOL

parkersmama
03-22-2004, 01:04 PM
LMAO!!! Michelle...that is so funny!!!

Ours is hooked up in the kids' bathroom where my boys have a nasty habit of missing the potty anyway, so I just wipe up the overspray with a Clorox wipe and go on about my business. :) Haven't quite hit the ceiling yet, though!! LOL!

houseof3boys
03-22-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm in the same darn boat with the septic system and the rice paper liners. I just use a disposable wipe and scrape it off into the toilet. The poop just comes right off of the fleece amazingly.

When I think I can predict Ryan's poop, he surprises me and doesn't go for 2 days and then he goes twice in one day. Solids are quite funny too with the little pieces of (sorry if this is TMI) food that show up! :P