PDA

View Full Version : Packing up my Sam Fitteds for next baby

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-21-2004, 11:06 PM
...and I have decided I am not going to use the doublers that come with them again...It is just to much effort to line them up, line up the fleece etc...
I'm thinking sugar peas doublers, I loved the ones that Lori showed me...Lori didn't you say that you use those in your Sams???

Any advice on what to use for baby number two if I don't use these...
By the way I like my Sam fitted doublers with a Euro PF in my babyblanket diapers...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Momof3Labs
03-21-2004, 11:27 PM
Hmm, I don't remember using an extra doubler in our Sam's, generally. But I had some smaller sized Crickett's doublers (they are shorter than most doublers) that I used underneath our Sugar Peas snap-in doublers - maybe that is what you are remembering?

SMJAE will make custom doublers, I believe, in whatever size and with or without fleece, but will that solve your problem? I think that the real problem is that there are no doublers that snap into Sam's fitteds?

new_mommy25
03-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Neve, I've never used Sams's fitteds before. Since she is not currently making them I'd bet you could get a pretty good price if you decide to sell. My favorite fitteds are Sugarpeas and Fireflies. If I could only pick one it would be Sugarpeas because I think you get more for your money. I snap in the doublers as I'm foldin the laundry so they are all set to go. Some of mine do not have fleece lined doublers, so I lay the fleece in them while doing laundry so I am all set to go. If I feel I need extra I like to lay in a fleece topped Komodo dragon doubler from Little Lounging Lizards.

liya
03-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Yes go to SMJAE Neve those are awsome!! and the sugarpeas ones are awsome too....humm now that i remember hte seventh heaven ones are cool and the Little Lounging lizards ones as well!!

K TMI...Any of those would be an awsome choice....

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-21-2004, 11:36 PM
SF don't have snaps, or anyway to hold the doubler in place if they did I'd like it more I think...

And the doublers that go in them are real wide int he back and narrow in the front and since they are hemp but thin they jsut don't stay in place well, and I feel like leave room to bunch.

I have thought about sewing a horizontal line downt he middle of each to connect the diaper to the doubler and then even maybe sewing a peice of fleece on top. So one seam would connect them all...
I was going to see if Rebecca could come up with an idea. I hate messing with diaper, doubler, fleece and then cover!!!!!

I might sell them and just stick with the pockets...I am loving the pockets if I can convince myself that they will last for the duration!!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-21-2004, 11:41 PM
gosh just the name of that "komodo dragon doubler" get my ears perked up :)...
I loved the Sugar Peas when Lori showed them to me and think I will get those for the new baby...so soft...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

daisymommy
03-21-2004, 11:46 PM
I have several Sugar Peas soakers (that come with teh diaper and snap in), that were plain hemp without the fleece on top. I simply traced around the soaker onto fleece, cut it out, and sewed it to the soaker using a zig-zag stitch around they edges. They look perfect IMO! So now, I don't have to worry about a fleece liner on top of any of my diapers. You could do that with your Sam's Fitteds Neve. Just sew (or have Rebecca sew) some fleece on top of the doublers. You could also have her sew just one short end of each doubler into the fitteds like a flap. That would keep them all together. Good Luck!

papal
03-21-2004, 11:53 PM
Neve, Amy at fluffymail.com made me some microfleece-topped doublers. They are not snap-in but i prefer that because i can use them in the fitteds or prefolds. She will make them in whatever size/shape/color you want. Mine kinda look like the Sugarpeas snap-ins. I could mail you one if you want to see if thats what you want.
The doublers add a little bulk to the dipe so i prefer them not to be attached permanently like you were thinking. Sometimes i let Leela be in just a fitted/prefold.. it gives her less bulk and more mobility.

parkersmama
03-22-2004, 12:07 AM
Another idea for sewing in the SF doublers...I don't know if I can describe it well but I'll try:
What about sewing it horizontally across the middle? Meaning, lay the soaker in the diaper and sew across the crotch one seam from leg to leg. That way, they would be quick drying and kept easily in place and you could either leave it open/unfolded to cover the entire crotch area or you could flip the back piece forward if you need more soaker in the boy wet zone. Hope this makes sense!

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-22-2004, 12:13 AM
It does that is what I imagined too...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-22-2004, 12:15 AM
You are so sweet...hold on to yours...I'll do a search tomorrow and come up with something. I might first see if I can make mine work. I think the SF need some doubler, or atleast they did for Tristan...
I'll check out her site...thank you!!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

toomanystrollers
03-22-2004, 07:58 AM
The dragon doublers are my absolute all-time favorite!!! So soft and absorbant :)

Have fun shopping!

liya
03-22-2004, 05:39 PM
You know what you could also do... :) Either have the doublers sewen in the diaper per say but only in the back or front end...that way the diaper is still quick dry and you dont have to lay it in everytime etc..LOL also sewing the fleece with zig zag is an awsome idea...