PDA

View Full Version : Initial investment woes

lizc
03-22-2004, 10:35 PM
HI. I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible. ;-)
My ds is 15 months old (today!) and I've been using sposies. I really want to switch to cd but my budget is almost non existent.
I'm a single mom without a job!
Thing is, I'm a bit picky and I don't think I'd like used diapers. I've done some research and I think I'd really like to use pocket diapers. Ds weighs about 26 lbs and has a chubby belly and thighs.
So, does anyone have any ideas on how to get pocket dipes CHEAP??

I'd probably be ok trying second hand diapers as a test to see if I love it though. So, i'm not totally unreasonable. lol. Yeah, I know the saying that beggars can't be choosey but....SURE i can. ;-)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Oh, and i'll be washing them myself (my current apt building has a laundry room).

Thanks!
Blessings,
Liz C
Anton 12/22/02

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-22-2004, 10:38 PM
babyblanket.com sells pockets for $10 or $10 something...
then you'll need to stuff them...

I have jsut found out that you can stuff them with micro terry (see other threads) in which case you'd spend a total of about $12 on each diaper...

I have 24 but you don't need that many
I use fireflies at night, they are $25 each I have two...
Then "second quality prowraps" for I think $3 Each so you'd need maybe two...

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

lizc
03-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Hmmm, all i see at babyblanket.com is blankets! lol

Liz

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-22-2004, 11:30 PM
It might be thebabyblanket.com...
but if she is closed for orders she might not have it where you can access it that happened to me, but a search of the name will give you feedback on them...or just ask and folks will tell you...

I love mine, but they are the only pockets I have ever used...
I metnion them for that reason and the cost...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

new_mommy25
03-23-2004, 02:25 AM
I was a little wierd about buying used diapers at first but now I do it all the time. I only buy diapers that are new or barely used in excellent condition with no stains, holes, clean velcro etc.
Usually the seller will put EC (excellent condition) or VGC (very good condtion) etc. and will describe the diapers appearance and condition. Many people are able to post pictures too.
Buying anyting with velcro is tricky becasue it attracts a lot of stuff. In any event I've had very good luck and have only ended up with one bum item. It was a cover that was in fine condition but had pet hair on it. Most people are fine with that but it did turn me off. And of course I wash everything well before putting it on DS. You can buy a diaper, see if you like it, and then turn around and sell it again.

sweetbasil
03-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Liz,
Neve's right, it's The Little Cush diapers from www.thebabyblanket.com and she is closed (technically) for orders right now...but I'd definitely e-mail her anyway (her e-mail is on the site) and see if she'd help you out. Rebecca is super sweet and great to work with.

All the best,

liya
03-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Ive got a whole ritual with used diapers i buy!! LOL its a holy washing ritual and i dont skip a step... I felt akward at first buying used but now with the ritual im totally ok with them....

Ella pockets are also cheap since they bring the insert(her inserts are wonderfull i still have one) and everything for the same cost...And i think she will do a bakers dozen which is buy 12 and get 1 free.......Oh and i forgot to add..FREE SHIPPING

HTH

daisymommy
03-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Okay Linda--what's the ritual for used dipes? :D