PDA

View Full Version : And once again, I'm so glad that we cloth diaper!

Momof3Labs
03-23-2004, 12:12 AM
So, this morning I dress Colin in a Hanna outfit and decide that his dinosaur Robeez will look best with it. He hasn't worn Robeez in a while, and we're only going to music class, so why not? I go on the hunt for them. Check his sock basket first, because that's where we keep the Robeez. Hmmmm, there's ONE dinosaur Robeez and ONE brown teddy Robeez. Both for the left foot. Well, Colin is notorious for rearranging the contents of his sock basket, so I start looking around his room, under furniture and such. No luck. I dump his toy bucket, since the cleaning lady will throw anything and everything in there. No luck.

I drill DH on the phone tonight, since he often takes things from Colin's hands and tucks them out of Colin's sight - and out of our sight too. He doesn't remember doing anything with them (but, then, he's not an elephant and often forgets).

So, anyone wondering where I'm going with this yet, and what Robeez have to do with the subject line? Bet there are a few moms of toddlers who have it figured out!!

I decide to do diaper laundry tonight, a day earlier than usual. Dumped the stinky, wet bags of dipes into the washer - yep, there are two Robeez, both for the right foot. Nice and damp, probably stinky too. And in today's bag, so I know that it happened on my watch LOL. I'm just glad that Robeez are machine washable, and that these didn't go in the garbage with a load of sposies...

And for the record, we use a Diaper Champ. Colin has been sticking things in the hole and turning it halfway for months now, and in the last week or two he's taken to putting clean diapers or rice paper liners in the hole - but still only turning it halfway. Well, now I know that he can turn it all the way. Guess I gotta start watching the contents of the bags when I dump them in the washer, or I could have some interesting surprises!!

Ah, life with a toddler - never boring!

egoldber
03-23-2004, 12:14 AM
Ah yes, the stories I've heard about things found in the Diaper Champ...

sweetbasil
03-23-2004, 09:11 AM
What an adventure!

So how do Robeez wash, Lori? We had a pair of Jack and Lily shoes sneak into a load the other day, and they're just not the same. Maybe b/c the leather is thinner/softer, but it was a sad night at our house :(

Glad you found his shoes, though. My poor DH is always getting grilled for stuff that ends up being my fault- does mommy brain ever end?!

jmofarrill
03-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Lori! Colin is too funny! I hope your Robeez are okay.

Momof3Labs
03-23-2004, 12:22 PM
This won't be the first time these Robeez get washed - Colin has stepped in cat puke, among other things! They are a little stiff after they air dry, but soften up pretty quickly after being worn once. They certainly look fine after washing!!

parkersmama
03-23-2004, 02:54 PM
LOL! Great to have a washable shoe! And not so great to have a toddler interested in the diaper container! LOL!

BTW, I'm afraid to mention that this doesn't really improve with age. I sometimes go to dh with a handful of things gathered from the washer (found when making the washer to dryer transfer)...I call it my "take". Found thus far (and i'm probably forgetting some): plastic dinos, snakes, lizards, bugs,etc; pennies/nickels/dimes; rocks; sticks; candy; candy wrappers; pencil erasers; marbles; rubber bouncy balls; pieces of paper; rubber bands; paper clips; all variety of plastic things you can find on the floor of dept store dressing rooms. Well, you get the picture! Obviously, Colin is just a precocious child who is ahead of his age! :)

sweetbasil
03-23-2004, 04:21 PM
>I sometimes go to dh with a handful of things gathered from the washer (found when making >the washer to dryer transfer)...I call it my "take". Found thus far (and i'm probably forgetting >some): plastic dinos, snakes, lizards, bugs,etc; pennies/nickels/dimes; rocks; sticks; candy; >candy wrappers; pencil erasers; marbles; rubber bouncy balls; pieces of paper; rubber bands; >paper clips; all variety of plastic things you can find on the floor of dept store dressing rooms.

Oh Denise, please tell me these are plastic snakes and lizards, and not real ones? DS#1 has been trying to catch a lizard since he could walk, and has only made it away with tails (I guess I'm lucky they have that defense mechanism, so he's not getting a whole lizard!?)

toomanystrollers
03-23-2004, 06:11 PM
Phew - glad you found them! Watch out - flushing things down the toilet is a favorite pastime around here :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-23-2004, 06:30 PM
cute story!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

parkersmama
03-24-2004, 12:07 AM
Yep, I'm talking the plastic variety of reptiles! LOL! I don't think either of my boys has a great desire to touch live bugs and lizards. Maybe it's because we've always made sure to have a large supply of the rubber/plastic kind around?! We have some pretty realistic looking stuff, though. It's probably going to get me one day when I go to pick up a plastic roach and it moves! Yikes! Does Kellen like to play with the plastic kind, too?