PDA

View Full Version : Angelwraps -- worth it for a newborn?

HoneymoonBaby
03-24-2004, 10:00 AM
I've got a couple of Angelwraps in my cart (one AIO and a fleece cover), and I'm ready to check out -- is it worth it for a newborn? They are size XS (6-12 lbs). I'd really like to try them. I don't have any AIOs yet, and all I have for covers are standard PUL.

Is it crazy to buy fancy WAHM dipes for a brand new baby?

Also, will navy blue fleece be WAYYYYYY to hot for Ian's little bum in summertime? We live in DC, and it is hot and muggy here . . .

kensjen
03-24-2004, 12:38 PM
I would buy smalls....some babies fly through that extra small phase, and you may not get much use out of the diaper. The smalls will fit 9-16 lbs....nine pounds may come very quickly. And it's nice to have a few AIO's.

I haven't seen her fleece cover IRL, not sure how well it would hold in BF poo! Anyone else use them?

If you want to get something special, I would get a wool soaker, wool is great for summer, very breathable. You could get something cute to show off to all of your vistors. :)

HoneymoonBaby
03-24-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the suggestion -- I am really interested in wool -- maybe I'll do the Aristocrat Kool-aid dye thing for a fun "show-off" cover.

I really doubt Ian wil fly through that Extra Small stage -- both DH and I are now and were always very thin. I was always in the 6-10th percentile for weight (I was long, though), and DH was also long and thin. Now he's 5'11" and 145, and I was 5'7" and 117 prepregnancy (133 at nearly 28 weeks). Ian's got skinny in his genes. We might be proven wrong, but right now I am much more worried about everything being way too big on him than him outgrowing stuff really quickly. The doctor keeps predicting he'll be a six pounder because of how small I'm measuring.

papal
03-24-2004, 01:35 PM
It might be nice to have an AIO or two for your diaper bag when you are out and about... makes for a quick diaper change. I am not sure how well AIOs hold bf poop, somebody else will tell you that, but babies do a lot of poops everyday in the first couple of weeks so if they don't hold in the poop well then you might want to reconsider.
Fleece might be warm for the summer but i think it is more breathable than PUL. Wool might be the best for breathability though... or just leaving the baby coverless while he is awake.