PDA

View Full Version : Question about Swim Diapers

mmaimp
03-24-2004, 04:45 PM
I was looking through the One Step Ahead catalogue and noticed they have swim diapers. Can anyone give advice on these or other swim diapers? Thanks,

lizc
03-24-2004, 09:25 PM
The one and only swim diaper that I recommend is the One Step Ahead (OSA for short) Adjustable Swim Diaper. Item #10358 $9.95.
Public pool staff LOVE this diaper because it truly contains everything.
(OSA Jams with swim diaper built in are not allowed in public pools. All they have inside is mesh!

BRU carries swim diapers but they run very small, are not adjustable and the elastic cuts in to the skin!

Hope that helps!
Liz C
Anton 12/22/02

mmaimp
03-25-2004, 08:59 AM
Liz

Thanks, your reply is very helpful. I saw a couple different types in the catalog and was not sure which kind to get. We live near the beach and are going on a few trips this summer where a swim diaper will be useful. I'll order a few pairs of the adjustable ones. Can they be worn under bathing trunks?

Calmegja2
03-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Yes, if the trunks are large enough. I put my toddler in the OSA dipes, and then roomy trunks from Lands End, and we're good to go...

jmofarrill
03-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Thanks, Liz! I've been looking for a swim dipe for a few months now, and I think this will be the one!

mmaimp
03-25-2004, 01:01 PM
I just checked the OSA website and the 2T's are on back order. How does the sizing run? My son is 12 months and 21 lbs. I was going to order a 2T to get through the whole summer but now I'm not sure if I will need 18 month then 2T.

Thanks again,

lizc
03-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Hmmm, my son weighs almost 25 lbs and he would definitely need a 2T. If I were you, I'd rather order a tad bigger than smaller. I don't know what to suggest about them being back ordered though. Bummer!

Sorry it took me so long to reply...I've been obsessed with shopping online for cloth diapers! lol.

Liz C
Anton 12/22/02