PDA

View Full Version : My comparison of hemp and microfiber doublers

Momof3Labs
03-26-2004, 05:00 PM
I've been using the FB microfiber doublers lately, and hemp (usually JBs) too, and have made an observation that I wanted to share (and hear comments on - have you noticed the same thing?).

Microfiber doesn't absorb like hemp. When Colin pees, the microfiber gets wet right in the area where he pees, but it doesn't soak the entire length of the towel. When hemp gets wet, the pee soaks its way through the entire length of the doubler. So even if Colin pees like crazy, a microfiber doubler is only half wet (in front), whereas a hemp doubler is completely wet and thus keeps him from leaking. So you get more bang from a hemp doubler, IMO, than a microfiber doubler.

Does that make any sense??

liya
03-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Yes lori it makes total sense. Hemp is a fiber that SPREADS out so to speak the liquid it absorbs. This is why the hemp diapers are so absorbant. Because the spread out the pee all over the diaper and dont concentrate on one area :)...You are totally right on with your observation !!

chlobo
03-26-2004, 08:49 PM
What we've been doing is laying a joey bunz next to the microfiber towel insert (the joey bunz is closest to the baby). This way the wetness spreads out throughout the joeybunz and all of the microfiber towel gets wet because it is next to the joeybunz, which is entirely wet. Does this make sense? It seems to work well for us at night and the entire "insert" is wet in the morning.