PDA

View Full Version : Wonderoos--do you love them or hate them?

em_jon98
03-28-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm not feeling the FB love right now. I love how trim it is with two microfiber towels stuffed in the pocket. But, I have Lindsey in the petite toddler size, and it fits her okay in the rise and waist on the second smallest snap setting, but it just seems to crush her thighs to death.

I was thinking about trying a Wonderoo for her, espically since Trisha at Lil' Bunz just started stocking them with free shipping. Anyone have comments on the fit, or anything else?

liya
03-28-2004, 08:54 PM
I didnt like them whatsoever. Sold mine practically used 1 time each...I detested the fit. The killed Ari's thighs and they wicked on me like crazy!! Looking for suede inner i found Corey's site at www.doodlebottoms.com and i swear these havent wicked on me ONCE..she now has the side snapping pockets which are sooo cool for chunky thighs and are super trim.
Ive heard of great experiences with the wonderoos but mine was totally the opposite of that....If you do want to try a suede inner i really recomend the doodle bottoms...

HTH

Momof3Labs
03-28-2004, 11:02 PM
Have you tried a large FB? It sounds like Lindsey is ready for a large. Colin is wearing large FBs now (he can also wear petites, but doesn't have enough room to grow for me to buy more of them) - he's about 23-24lbs and 33" tall or so, with pretty skinny thighs.

nathansmom
03-29-2004, 12:06 AM
I don't love them nor do I hate them. I use them if I'm out of FB's or my drybee's. They fit Nathan pretty well. I don't like the wonderwoo inserts I like using Joeys better. If you want to try on I'll be willing to send one your way so you can try them.

em_jon98
03-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Hmmm...Lindsey and Colin were about the same size a while back when we were comparing measurements, and sounds like they are still the about the same height and weight. Funny, I always thought she had skinny thighs as well, but lately her PT FB and her ME Airflow covers (M/L) just seem to be way too tight on around her thighs. Did you try Wonderoos with Colin at all?

Maybe a large FB is the way to go then...

em_jon98
03-29-2004, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the Doodle Bottoms link. I was reading about them from Beth's post in Dec. when I searched pockets. For some reason, I thought they weren't being made any longer.

em_jon98
03-29-2004, 01:16 AM
So, they are your laundry and emergency dipe then? Hmmm...what don't you like about them to make you use them more often?

kwc
03-29-2004, 05:08 AM
Hmmm... today, not loving them since last night DD kept waking up even after I fed her... and I opened up her sleepsack to find her pjs and onesie soaked front and back around her Wonderoo (stuffed with 2 micro towels and a JB)... and had to change everything at 3am!!! I am problems with wicking about 20% of the time with the wonderoos in the last few weeks, since DD has been sleeping on her side... no probs with the FBs or Doodlebottoms (I only have one DB and like it but it took a long time to get it!). DD is _skinny_, only 14 lbs at 7 mos so this maybe a function of her size/ sleeping position/ need to superstuff as she nurses twice overnight... seems to work better with 2 JBs and 1 MOE (less to compress and leak out the legs).

What I love: the suedecloth, the pretty colors (plum suede lining!), the workmanship, the concept

Don't like: wicking!!!!! since sleeping on side (the leg elastic is about 1/2 inch from the edge... maybe this causes problems at night), and DH finds them a bit confusing to snap (but he doesn't like FBs either because he has to snap at leg and waist)

If the problems continue, I may relegate them to day use (generally I only use pockets overnight or for car trips). The new ones have 3 rise settings, but as my little one is already using the middle rise snap, your DD would probably be on the long rise snap. I don't know about the thighs... seems like there is a lot of room there.

Karen

Momof3Labs
03-29-2004, 11:49 AM
We haven't tried Wonderoos, sorry!

nathansmom
03-29-2004, 11:52 AM
I love how trim they are. However I think if there was another insert (I don't like the wonderwoo one, they are very bulky) that fit really nice in there it would be the perfect diaper. With a joey it leaves the sides without stuffing and thats where the leaks are. If you use the wonderoo insert there its all covered and no leaks. But I love very trim diapers and using the wonderwoo insert takes away the trimness factor of this diaper.
I hope this makes sense. I would buy more if I could find the perfect insert for these.