PDA

View Full Version : What should I do to prepare diapers to sell

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Since Tristan has grown out of his Sam's fitteds I have decided to sell them.
What should I do to prepare them. I don't think there are any stains on them really but should I do a bleach of some sort just to make certain (they've never been bleached)....should I calgon them (I don't since I think t is sensitive to Calgon)...
Where is the best place to sell them???
That have been good to us and we have used them exclusively...this is a hard thing to do...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Momof3Labs
03-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Neve, when I sell used dipes, I just make sure that they are clean (stain free when possible) and lint free. I've sold a fair amount through the BBBSwap boards, and also on eBay. When I sell on eBay, I include photos of both the outside and the inside. I sold three Sam's fitteds in early February - they did okay but not great compared to the other dipes I sold in that sweep, maybe brought in $6-7 each, even though they were only gently used. Believe it or not, my Crickett's did much better on eBay and brought in over $8 each, and they were more heavily used than the Sam's!

Oh, there is a Yahoo group called DiaperSwap that is pretty good too, you can sell there. I've sold a fair amount through them too, though no one wanted my Sam's fitteds when they were listed there. You can post your eBay auctions, too, on that group.

amywein
03-28-2004, 11:23 PM
How does you access the BBBSwap boards?? TIA

Momof3Labs
03-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Once you are a member for 60 days and have 50 posts, you can request to join:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-Swap/

Here's the diaperswap group, while I'm at it; there are no membership requirements:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/diaperSWAP/

chlobo
03-29-2004, 11:37 AM
I just wanted to add that when you list your diapers be sure to let folks know if you smoke or have pets. I guess it makes a difference for some people.

Also, I usually package the diaper in a ziplock bag and then an envelope to keep it "fresh" during delivery. Not necessary as I've received lots of diapers not packaged that way but I always figured if the envelope fell in a puddle, at least the diaper would stay dry.

C99
03-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Neve,

You can hang them out in the sun to remove the stains. Better for the diaper than bleach and just as effective!

liya
03-29-2004, 06:27 PM
I dont recomend to bleach diapers that your going to sell off. We dont because it does affect their resale value ALOT..I agree that you should set them out in the sun and then pop them in the dryer to fluff em back up!! Also if your a member of the mothering boards you can post the diapers there as well once you have achieved their requirements...There are TONS of yahoo groups you can post them in. Better yet i would ask Jen if she can let you post them in her yahoo group cause i know alot of ppl who are in there than want some..

HTH

carolcarpenter
03-29-2004, 09:04 PM
I sold some prefolds on Ebay and I ran them through a cycle with bleach once. I said that in the description that they were bleached ONCE in preparation for selling. It didn't seem to affect the price I got. The fact that they were bleached would turn off some people, but the two times I ran an auction, people who were new to CDing bought them.

I think the fact that the diapers had been bleached was actually appealing to the buyers and made them more comfortable with considering buying used diapers.

Personally I only felt comfortable selling them once they had been bleached. And it didn't affect the diapers. They were pretty tough prefolds to begin with.
And at the time, we had NO sun here in New England!! But you should try the sun route first.

holliam
03-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Neve, depending on the sizes, I might be interested in looking at them. I'm local and totally stressed out about buying diapers for our soon-to-be adopted daughter.

Holli

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-29-2004, 09:41 PM
They are size medium but all that Tristan wore from like 3 months to now...they have an added snap on them to fit smaller sizes, and of course the doubler attached in them as well.
I have 24...
I'm not 100% certain I am going to sell them, for they worked fine till Tristan got real wiggely and just hard to diaper. Honestly it took it's toll on me wrestling him to do it all...

I probably should wait a few weeks to make certain I am still loving my babyblankets...and maybe save these for baby number 2...I so don't know what to do :)....

But if you ever need to try anything for you daughter please let me know I would gladly let you try anything that I have...
I'm so happy for you and know you must be busting at the seams with excitement!!!!!!!!
Congrats...she is gorgeous!!!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties