PDA

View Full Version : How well do liners work with Cloth Diapers? Experiences?

DeniMarie
03-29-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm budgeting and planning and don't know whether liners are worth it to use.

I'll be BF, so any experiences with that would be appreciated. I hearth that BF BM's can be too smooshy for these.

Deni

signsing
03-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Liners are unnecessary for bf poop. You won't need them until you start solids. Then you can either buy disposable liners or use fleece which has the added boost of keeping your babies bottom dry and being washable.
I used to use liners and I liked them now I'm pretty much using fleece instead, once I found out I could do that.
HTH
Betsey
Buddy's Mamma 6-10-2003

lizajane
03-29-2004, 08:53 PM
if you want to be able to get rid of some of the bf poop, gerber throw away liners are big and cheap. BUT you can't flush them. kooshies liners are flushable, but won't cover the whole diaper. i used disposable liners for a while, just to get rid of some of the mess. but really, you can just toss the bf baby poop in the washer because it dissolves like sugar in hot water. but i felt better about tossing it in the potty. personal preference.

i recommend fleece liners, really, because i prefer not to use anything disposable and because they keep the skin dry. just go to any ol' cheap place and cut up regular fleece. microfleece is a little nicer, but regular works fine. i got some at jo ann's fabrics and some at walmart.

:)hth