PDA

View Full Version : When to move up a size in Fuzzibunz?

cvharris
03-31-2004, 05:05 PM
Ben started in medium Fuzzibunz at 2 months and we are still using the mediums on the tightest or second tightest settings at the waist and legs. However, they just don't seem like they fit him as well as they used to...he is 22lbs and 31" tall with an 18" waist and 11" thigh. Any recommendations as to when I should size up and to what size (PT or Large)?

TIA!

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

slknight
03-31-2004, 05:09 PM
Alex seems to be fairly similarly sized, although I think he's shorter and heavier. Not sure how tall, but 23+ pounds. He also has an 18" waist. Don't remember the thighs even though I measured last week. I can measure this evening (he's at daycare right now).

Anyway, he is definitely busting out of his mediums even though I've still been using them. We've got one size large, and I'm going to order a bunch more this afternoon. The large seems a little big, but if I stuff it with a Joey-bunz the legs fit ok. If I try to stuff it with a CPF, I can't get the legs to fit well. I haven't tried the PT.

HTH.

Momof3Labs
03-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Colin is 23-24lbs and 33"+ tall. He still fit in the mediums, sort of, but the rise was getting short. I tried a PT and found that he wears those on the same snap settings as the medium, but it has a higher rise. I ended up going with larges and they fit him fine on the tightest snap settings, so we'll get a lot more use out of them than the PTs. But Ben will go through a slimming down stage when he becomes really mobile (walking, running, etc.) and might wear the PTs longer - Colin's about as slim as he is going to get, so we went straight to the larges.

I'd suggest ordering one large and see how it fits. If the legs and/or the waist are too loose (which I doubt), then try a PT. www.fuzzibunz.com also has pretty comprehensive sizing charts.

Calmegja2
03-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Josh started in larges at the size your baby is in now, and at 22 months, 28 pounds, and 34 inches, he's still in them, with plenty of room to grow. I bought one petite toddler to try, but didn't care for how it fit him, so I'm happy with my larges.....

lizajane
03-31-2004, 09:33 PM
schuyler is 24 lbs and just over 31 inches. i still think his larges are too big. i prefer the mediums to the large right now. the PT is my absolute favorite because of his skinny waist. BUT the 4 PTs i got used are actually size mediums. i think the waist is a little skinnier, but i held them up to my mediums and they are THE SAME. i held them up to my PT and they are NOT the same. so who knows what you would get with a PT anyway.