PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh . . . .

HoneymoonBaby
04-02-2004, 06:21 PM
So, I've been prewashing my UBCPFs in anticipation of the poopy little baby to come . . .

I used Fabricare. :o Now what?

Background: I use All Free and Clear on the rest of my laundry, and I knew that it would cause buildup on the dipes, so I grabbed the only other detergent we happened to have in there, which was A&H Fabricare. I never thought to look it up . . . I didn't expect it to have baby-eating enzymes in it!!!! I read up on the horror stories about this detergent and I'm mortified. Thank God I didn't use it on my expensive dipes yet, but the UBCPFs are the bulk of my stash, and I really hate to have to replace them all . . . can this be fixed?

I washed all 24 of my prefolds in it twice. I only used about 1/8 of a cup each time. Are they salvageable, or do I have 24 unusable UBCPFs? Does anyone know a way to wash them so that the Fabricare enzymes come out completely? I really don't want my newborn's bum to blister and bleed! :(

lizajane
04-02-2004, 09:26 PM
i washed my diapers in fabricare for months. we NEVER had a single problem.

i would just wash the heck outta them and then try one. it may not be an issue AT ALL. it wasn't for us.

liya
04-03-2004, 12:33 AM
I dont have any problems with Fabricare it isnt recomended but i have no problems with it at all(i used it for a while :) ) I just think that adding detergent everytime you wash the prefolds would leave alot of suds in there..So i would just wash them in plain hot/cold washes for about 2 times just to make sure all of the detergent is gone...

But you have nothing to worry about :o

HTH