PDA

View Full Version : Got my first fluffy mail! :-)

holliam
04-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Woo hoo! Since I can't buy her diapers yet, I started stocking up on wipes. I got my first order from Darling Diapers today.

Who knew getting something in the mail to wipe a baby's bum would be so exciting! LOL These are SO soft and adorable. I think we need sizes for adults too. ;-)

I got about 15 of the full-size and a set of the half-size ones too. I will be going back for more. :-)

Holli

crl
04-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Yea! Very exciting! I'm right behind you. Sent my money order out for my DD wipes so I should getting them soon!

Have you settled on what your initial stash will look like once you know what sizes to get? I'm pondering Angelwraps Quick Dry AIOs for days (but they look hard to get which is a particular problem with the not knowing what size to buy) and FBs for night. . .

Catherine
adopting from China

holliam
04-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey, Catherine! I thought of you as I was opening my package! LOL

I honestly still do not know which type of diapers I'm getting! Several of the local gals from this board have graciously offered to give me a viewing of their stashes! I'm hoping that will help.

I think I will definitely get some pocket diapers and maybe some AIO for the quick-easy benefits. Not sure about specific brands or anything beyond that yet.

I know it's going to be hard to coordinate our pickups and the WAHM custom diaper availabilities. So, I guess I'll just have to play it by ear.

We are visiting Lily in early July, but we'll just use the disposables that she's used to at that time. I am really hoping she's home by September! How much longer til your referral? You travel soon after the referral, right? It's amazing how different adoptions from different countries are!

Holli

crl
04-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Isn't it exciting to start having baby stuff in the house? I even got dh to participate in baby clothes shopping over the weekend!

We're hoping for referral in June and travel in August--I figure this guarantees we are traveling to the hottest province in China ;-)

It is amazing how different the process is. I hope Lily and our baby (May if a girl--May and Lily if twin girls) are both home by September! And that we can find diapers instock.

Catherine
adopting from China

mommyj_2
04-06-2004, 03:56 AM
DD wipes are the best! Mine still look great after almost 9 months of full time use. I remember how excited I was when I first got them. I have to say I still love looking at them! Keep us posted as the rest of your fluff comes in.

jec2
04-06-2004, 11:38 AM
You will just love em'. Enjoy!