PDA

View Full Version : Babyblanket website

nitaghei
04-06-2004, 12:34 PM
What is the url? I tried www.thebabyblanket.com and got a "site under construction" message.

Looks like we will be CD'g full time, so I need more fluffy mail!!

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

houseof3boys
04-06-2004, 02:45 PM
It's been like that for a while. Email Wendi directly! She is sewing like a mad woman (my dipes are next :)).

Her email is [email protected] . She is great at answering emails quickly!

nitaghei
04-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Thanks Debbi! I'd hoped to at least look at pictures before bugging her. Pocket dipes seem to be the best way to go for daycare. And I'm now thinking of using them at night, too. I've been using disposables at night - but that has to change now. I'm so excited at getting rid of the disposables.

BTW - the FBs have caused a lot of excitement at daycare. Everyone seem to think of CDs as flat Gerber type stuff - and there's been a stream of caregivers coming in to check out DS's CDs. Too funny! :)

Nita

houseof3boys
04-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Nita I'm sure she wouldn't mind an email asking for pics. She really is very sweet. Send her an email!!

That is funny about daycare. It is funny the perception that people have about cd's though. I never in a zillion years knew that they could be so beautiful and fun until these boards!!!!

This morning DH put a sposie on Ryan and I sent him an email when I changed Ryan asking what the heck was wrong with him?!?! He loves pocket dipes and when he is barely awake in the morning he needs something easy. Needless to say, he is excited the 7 BB dipes we ordered and I even let him pick out the inside and outside colors! :)

sweetbasil
04-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Nita,
We have four BBs- a large red, and small in turquoise, white, and yellow. I'd be happy to send you pictures of any/all of those- on a baby or freshly laundered (I have some on-the-baby pics already)...oh, and my order shipped yesterday, so they should be here around Friday (5 more in aqua, mint, and ivy- which is like a cream color). I'd be happy to give you pics of those too, if you'd like. The first three have white microfleece inside, and the most recent order has all suedecloth inners.

LMK :D

nitaghei
04-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Julie,

An on-the-baby pic would be awesome! Once I have a picture, I will email Wendi.

Can you tell me more about how they fit? Waist and thighs, and how wide in the crotch? DS is long and skinny. FWIW.

How do they fit on your boys? I'm assuming you've used them on both? And I assume you like them - given that you have 5 more on the way! :) How long is the turn around time? I'm currently waiting for my Daisy-doodles, and I would LOVE to have them NOW!!

Sorry for all the questions - but I really want to have a stash together soon. And TIA!!

Nita

sweetbasil
04-07-2004, 05:27 PM
I e-mailed you, Nita! :)

liksmom
04-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Hi Julie-
I was wondering if you could send me pics of your babyblankets both on your baby and not. Hope that isnt too confusing. I have one its a print...beautiful diaper but the fit seems funny...its poofy/bulky in the crotch area..Wendi is trying to work with me on this but it might be helpful to see other babies in this diaper...this diaper just might now work for us. But if you dont mind sharing some picutres I think it might be helpful.
TIA-Gloria

sweetbasil
04-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Gloria,
I just e-mailed you through the boards. :D

houseof3boys
04-08-2004, 04:45 PM
She and I were emailing about my dipes that are almost ready and I asked her about the website and she said they were having some challenges switching the domain ownership from Rebecca to her but as soon as it was done (maybe today), they would update it. She said it would be very basic to start until they figured out what to add to perfect it basically. She said to email her if anyone wants/needs pictures of anything!

mudder17
04-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Are babyblanket diapers AIOs, fitted, pocket or what? Also, I know what AIOs and fitted are, but what are pocket diapers?

TIA,

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

Momof3Labs
04-09-2004, 09:27 PM
They are pocket diapers, like FuzziBunz. They are a layer of PUL and an inner layer like microfleece or suedecloth, and you stuff the pocket (between the two layers) with something absorbent, like a Joeybunz or CPF.

Momof3Labs
04-09-2004, 09:28 PM
The website is up! There's not much there, but at least it is something!

mudder17
04-09-2004, 10:14 PM
A couple of questions:

So are wonderoos also pocket diapers? Are they any good?

I assume that pocket diapers would be really nice for night-time use, depending on what you stuff them with?

Also, if you use pocket diapers, does this mean that you need several sets of them, one set for every diaper change? Unlike PFs with covers, you can have a bunch of PFs and reuse the cover a few times before washing, right? With AIOs, I use it once and have to wash it, so if I wanted to use AIOs exclusively, I would need a bunch of them. What about pocket diapers; how do they work in terms of washing?

Thanks!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

Momof3Labs
04-09-2004, 10:33 PM
I believe Wonderoos are pocket diapers but they get mixed reviews. Of course, like any cloth diaper, what works for one baby may not work for another.

We have used pockets almost exclusively at night for over a year, and they have worked great for us - we rarely get a leak!

But yes, pocket diapers cannot be reused like covers. So you need one pocket diaper for every change.

If you search on pocket or Fuzzibunz or any of the other brands of pocket dipes, you'll find lots of info already on this board!

nitaghei
04-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Yes, saw that. Anyway, I just went ahead and emailed Wendi, and she was really quick about responding. I just put in an order for 2 dipes. Colors are a whole new world for me!

Nita

Momof3Labs
04-12-2004, 03:45 PM
I just ordered two also - I'm curious to check these out!