PDA

View Full Version : Big move and missing the cloth..

new_mommy25
04-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Well, we just completed a HUGE move from Seattle to Hawaii and I am exhausted! Thanks goodness for Baby Motzart because otherwise there is no way I would have been able to get the final packing done. We landed in Hawaii last week and DS was loving it. He's never been one to like wearing clothes so he enjoys wearing cruising around in nothing but a diaper. We took the little guy to the beach and he was happy as a clam. I'm so glad I have a fellow water lover. The weather has been shabby lately so our house is not done being built yet. We stayed at my very elderly grandma's for a week until I said screw it, and hopped on a plane for Arizona. (FIL works for the airlines :) )Noah and I got here this morning and are staying with my mom. Hopefully the house will be done in about two weeks because I'm sure she will be driving me crazy by then, lol. DH just started working at his new job so he's holding down the fort. My poor cloth diapers are packed in a box and on their way snail mail to Hawaii. Read: 3-5 weeks. My favorite diapers and wool are buried in the bottom of a suitcase somewhere because I just couldn't bear if those got lost. DS has been wearing disposables for about the past 3 weeks. While sometime I think they are easier, I hate how they pile up all over the place and are stinky to boot. Plus the poor guy now has a bright red butt. We both have colds so I don't know if I can blame the rash entirely on pampers, but I like too, heehee. Anyway, I missed all you guys. It's been excruciating not being able to go on the internet in so long. Can you tell I have no life? LOL.

pritchettzoo
04-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Oh wow--Hawaii? That's going to be a change from Seattle! Your little redhead is going to have lots of freckles! ;) Good luck unpacking everything and I hope your diapers arrive safe and sound. Mudpie Babies is in Hawaii--maybe you're neighbors and she can hook you up? So how many guest rooms will your house have? :P

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

sweetbasil
04-06-2004, 09:18 PM
That sounds so awesome (the moving to Hawaii part, not the in between part, moving, red diaper bottom, and all your fave dipes in the bottom of a suitcase).... ;)

So on what island are you all going to be residing? Just tonight, we were kicking around the idea of a vacation to Hawaii sometime this spring/summer...maybe moving there is an even better idea, though! :D

toomanystrollers
04-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Yes Angie,
I was thinking the same thing as Anna - Mudpie Babies LOL!! Congrats on your big move and I hope your dearly departed fluff arrives safe and sound :)

papal
04-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Wow, HAWAII!!!! That sounds so awesome!! Sorry your move has been rough on you and Noah's butt.. hope the dust settles soon.
We might have to come visit you. :)

liya
04-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Im so glad your finally there sorry about the snail mail movers :( !!! :) Now your in my type of climate..and with my type of shipping UURRGHHH!!!

We miss you as well!! Write as soon as you get all settled up and in cloth ...

new_mommy25
04-07-2004, 06:00 PM
hmm...mudpiebabies? I didn't know they were in Hawaii. I've been wanting to try one of her diapers but my stalking skills leave much to be desired, lol. Anyway, we are in Oahu, in Hawaii Kai. You should come visit. Babies love the climate and ocean :)

sweetbasil
04-07-2004, 06:14 PM
I don't remember what island Stephanie of MudpieBabies lives on, but I'd definitely drop her a line in a second if I were living there. Her fabrics are so tropical and fun- perfect for Noah's little CDd tooshie this summer :D